On This Page
Located in the heart of Australia’s Oyster Coast, the area of North Batemans Bay is one of the best in the state. Today, it is a commercial centre in the midst of a relaxed coastal atmosphere. North Batemans Bay has national parks, beaches, and forests that make it one of the best areas in NSW.
Batemans Bay, where North Batemans Bay is located, has 3,145 rooftop solar panels installed, with a collective capacity of 17,031 kW. North Batemans Bay received 4.8 hours of ‘peak sun’ per day.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in North Batemans Bay*
Total Installed Capacity in North Batemans Bay (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in North Batemans Bay, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in North Batemans Bay, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in North Batemans Bay
Solar installers in North Batemans Bay will consider your personal preference, energy needs, and budget. Keep in mind that solar installers in North Batemans Bay, NSW usually have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, getting multiple quotes is important if you are particular about the brand of solar panels for your property.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you refer to the list of Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list. Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers are the ones that provide higher quality solar panels and will likely honour their manufacturer’s warranty compared to lower-tiered manufacturers. The list is updated every year.
In addition, Energy Matters has partnered with trusted solar panel manufacturers that we are proud to recommend to our customers. These recommended manufacturers are:
Whether you know which panels you want to install on your home or business, or you’d rather discuss your options, we recommend that you begin your solar journey by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation solar quotes. Our network of trusted, local installers will provide personalised quotes for a system that will meet your current and future needs.
The costs of solar panels in North Batemans Bay, NSW, have reduced significantly over the last ten years. Suppose you’re wondering how many solar panels you need to install for your property. In that case, you should consider your roof and the amount your local electricity network will allow you to install.
For most homes in NSW, a 6.6 kW solar system size with a 5 kW inverter is ideal. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
On the other hand, if you wish to use more energy or you’re planning to add an electric vehicle or battery to your home, you should consider getting a bigger solar system.
We recommend sizing up where possible, especially now that there’s an increase in electrification. Therefore, your future electricity needs are bound to change. When this happens, the need for more solar panels will arise, costing you more money. You can avoid this by sizing up as early as now.
Solar rebates and incentives in North Batemans Bay, NSW
North Batemans Bay is one of the best places to have solar power, which is why many homeowners are switching to solar. When you switch to solar in North Batemans Bay, NSW, you are eligible for solar rebates and incentives that will help you save and make money. Here are the rebates and incentives you can get in North Batemans Bay, NSW:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The federal government offers STCs that you can trade, and you or your solar installer in North Batemans Bay can exchange them for a solar panel discount. Keep in mind that the STCs you get will depend on the solar system size. Additionally, some homeowners choose to receive a point-of-sale discount deduced from the total solar system cost, resulting in thousands of dollars saved. Your solar installer will take care of all this for you.
Solar for Low-Income Households
Solar for Low-Income Households is a rebate provided by the federal government that helps low-income households forego the rebate and install a 3kW solar system at zero cost. Moreover, the NSW government offers an appliance replacement scheme for low-income houses by offering a 50 per cent off the cost of a new fridge and 50 per cent off for a new TV as long as they have high energy ratings.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
North Batemans Bay homeowners can benefit from FiTs as well. They can help you make more money from the excess solar energy you send back to the grid. Your energy retailer will be the one to provide you with the FiT. However, every retailer has its own FiT rate. For this reason, we recommend comparing energy retailers to ensure that you are getting the best FiT for your home.
The right solar system in North Batemans Bay
To get the right solar system in North Batemans Bay, there are a few things to consider:
- Roof condition: Before you have solar panels installed on your North Batemans Bay property, you need to ensure your roof is in good condition.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof plays an important role in solar panel efficiency. Ideally, the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the amount of energy you consume every month to gauge the solar system size you should get for your home.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may reduce the efficiency of your solar system in North Batemans Bay drastically. Make sure that any trees that may pose a problem are trimmed back. Your solar installer will also find the best possible position for your panels and take into account shaded areas.
Your solar installer in North Batemans Bay will design a system that maximises your roof space while considering your current and future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you get the best deal and selecting a solar installer you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in North Batemans Bay, NSW?
Solar batteries for homes are gaining popularity because they allow homeowners to store excess energy produced by their solar panels in North Batemans Bay that can be used at night or on overcast days. That’s why it is worth considering getting a solar storage battery. In addition to that, various brands offer it. Here are the reasons you should consider a solar battery in North Batemans Bay:
- Energy independence: With the rise in electricity rates and reduced electrical grid reliability, energy independence is becoming more important. When you have a solar battery, you will be less reliant on the grid and make your home self-sufficient fully.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen; they can be a huge inconvenience. A solar battery, like a Tesla Powerwall, can deliver energy to your home. Therefore, your solar panels will continue to charge your battery throughout the day and have the energy to use through the night.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money as you can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in North Batemans Bay
EVs are becoming more affordable, thanks to the NSW government. The upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold are reduced with $3,000 rebates for the first 25,000 new battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles with a dutiable value of less than $68,750. This is an excellent incentive; paired with stamp duty abolition, North Batemans Bay residents can save up to $5,540 and help boost EV sales in NSW to more than 50 per cent by 2031.
What makes things even more exciting is that more EV models are to be launched. Here are some benefits you can get when you switch to an EV in North Batemans Bay, NSW:
- Lower costs: When you switch to an EV, you can save more money and the environment. This is because an EV is more cost-effective to operate and simpler to maintain.
- Meet the country’s emissions target: Australia has a goal to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to play an important role in achieving this goal.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the largest exporter of lithium? Solar batteries are primarily made of lithium, which allows for more opportunities for you and the market.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on North Batemans Bay solar panels
You can get a shorter return on investment in North Batemans Bay in two to three years. Still, this will depend on your consumption. Additionally, system downtime will result in extended payback periods and costs for repairs or replacements that are covered under warranty.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.