On This Page
North Maclean is a small, rural suburb in the City of Logan, Queensland, Australia. It is located on the banks of the Albert River and is known for its relaxed lifestyle, its beautiful scenery, and its proximity to the Gold Coast.
North Maclean is a popular spot for families, with its many parks and playgrounds. The Albert River is a popular spot for swimming, fishing, and boating. It is also home to the North Maclean Country Club, which is a popular spot for socialising and playing golf.
North Maclean is also home to a number of cafes, restaurants, shops and bars.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in North Maclean*
Total Installed Capacity in North Maclean (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in North Maclean, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in North Maclean, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in North Maclean
In Queensland, more than 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been built, according to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER). The state of Queensland is on track to meet its 2030 target of 50% renewable capacity.
Australia’s electrification will have an impact on its future energy needs. Since your home now has the largest demand for solar panels, you should switch to solar energy.
Energy Matters can assist you in finding the best solar installer in North Maclean.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in North Maclean, QLD
There are no solar energy rebates in Queensland. Homeowners are entitled to federal and state solar subsidies and incentives when they install rooftop solar panels.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The upfront expenditures of installing rooftop solar arrays are reduced by STCs. However, depending on the size and placement of your rooftop solar panels, you can get fewer or more STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in North Maclean
Consider the following before installing rooftop solar panels in North Maclean
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in good condition before installing North Maclean rooftop solar panels.
- Roof angle: Your home’s roof angle should match the latitude in the area.
- Energy usage: To determine how many solar panels you need for your home, look at your most recent energy bills to see how much energy you regularly consume each month.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from nearby trees might cast shadows on your North Maclean rooftop solar panels, lowering their effectiveness. For guidance on where to install your rooftop solar panels, consult your North Maclean solar installer.
Your solar installer in North Maclean will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in North Maclean, QLD?
In North Maclean, Queensland, you can use a solar battery to store the electricity your rooftop solar panels generate. Other benefits include:
- Energy independence: North Maclean residents can reduce their reliance on the grid and make their homes self-sufficient by using a solar battery. Additionally, solar power might be able to meet all of your home’s energy needs.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you may employ to prevent your North Maclean home from turning dark during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in North Maclean back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in North North Maclean, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in North Maclean
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in North Maclean.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in North Maclean:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on North Maclean solar panels
For a mid-range home in North Maclean the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.