On This Page
The bustling regional town of Nowra boasts gorgeous river scenery and a peaceful bushland setting.
The area is surrounded by farmland that contributes to its natural charm. It’s one of the most unspoiled destinations in NSW and serve as the gateway for beautiful areas like the Boodoree National Park.
The area receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. Around 13 per cent of homes in Nowra have solar panels installed on their roofs. In the South Coast Region, where Nowra is located, has 3,598 solar panels installed with a collective capacity of 21,249 kW.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Nowra*
Total Installed Capacity in Nowra (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Nowra, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Nowra, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Nowra
Your personal preference, energy needs, and budget are the three important things to consider when choosing a solar panel for your Nowra home. However, if you are particular with the brand of solar panels in Nowra, then you must know that solar installers in Nowra have preferred solar panel manufacturers.
With that, getting multiple quotes from various solar installers can help you find the brand you want and the right solar installer in Nowra for you.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels. The Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers are the financially stable ones that can honour warranties. At the same time, they usually provide higher-quality solar panels in Nowra, NSW.
Bloomberg New Energy Finance releases a Tier 1 PV Model Manufacturer list every year, so you might want to check that out.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Solar panels in Nowra are more affordable than ever, and their costs are bound to go down even more. When choosing a solar panel size for your Nowra home, you need to consider the amount of energy allowable by your local electricity network.
For most homes in NSW, the solar system size is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. However, if you consume a lot of energy, or you plan to add an Electric Vehicle (EV) or solar battery to your property in Nowra, you need to get a bigger solar system size.
We recommend sizing up as much as possible. This prepares you for further electrification, and with a bigger solar system, you get to save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Nowra, NSW
The NSW Government continues to make solar accessible to its residents. That is why there are solar incentives being offered here. There are also Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs) and Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) that all Australians are eligible for.
Swap for solar
Low-income households in Nowra can be eligible for the Swap for Solar. This will help reduce energy bills by letting homeowners in Nowra swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including the installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Nowra households not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will let homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
All Australians can get STCs, as long as they have solar systems installed on their properties. The Australian federal government provides STCs to small businesses and households with renewable energy systems.
The value of an STC depends on its supply and demand in the market. Every solar PV system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and their total value will be deducted from the total value of your system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The FiT is paid by energy providers to homeowners when they export their excess energy into the grid. It is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Nowra
There are other factors to consider to get the best solar system for your Nowra property:
- Roof condition: Ensure your roof is in good condition before you have solar panels installed. Having a roof inspection done is important before you have solar panels in Nowra installed.
- Roof angle: Your roof angle is important to the efficiency of your solar panel. Ideally, the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Know the amount of energy you consume every month to determine the right solar system size for your Nowra property. Look into your previous energy bills to get a general idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shading on your property caused by trees, shrubbery, and other structures may affect the efficiency of your solar panels. Your solar installer will help you find the best solar panel location for your Nowra home.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Nowra, NSW?
In Nowra, a home solar battery storage will let homeowners store energy generated buy the solar panels that they can use throughout the night or on overcast days. Whilst a solar storage battery isn’t the most affordable option today, it has a lot of benefits, such as :
- Energy independence: The electric grid is unstable and there is also an increase in electricity rates. Hence, solar battery storage will help reduce your reliance on the grid as it can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Nowra are rare, but when they happen, they can be inconvenient. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many batteries today that can power your house whilst your street doesn’t have power. With solar panels in Nowra, they will continue to charge your battery throughout the day, which you can use throughout the night.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Fortunately, there are many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Nowra.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Nowra
One of the efforts of the NSW Government to make solar more accessible to its residents is making EV more affordable. The NSW Government reduces the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. However, to be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combining this with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. If you want to participate in this, you can do this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are made of lithium. As a result, getting an EV is a great way to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Nowra solar panels
A mid-range home in Nowra can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.