On This Page
Parramatta is the second-largest city in Sydney, boasting a rich history and multicultural food and arts scene. There is so much natural beauty here as well, as the city is situated beside the river. You will also find plenty of UNESCO world-heritage-listed convict sites here.
Embrace sustainability in this picturesque setting by considering solar energy options. For those interested, you can effortlessly obtain FREE solar quotes from Energy Matters, allowing you to seamlessly integrate eco-friendly solutions into your lifestyle while appreciating the charm of this historic locale.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Parramatta*
Total Installed Capacity in Parramatta (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Parramatta, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Parramatta, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Parramatta
Around eight per cent of households have rooftop solar panels in Parramatta, as the city experiences 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. Now is the perfect time to switch to solar, and the first step is to find the right solar installer in Parramatta first. Working with the right solar installer will ensure a solar system aligned to your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
However, there are so many solar installers in Parramatta to choose from, which can be overwhelming. Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the ones who are financially stable and can honour warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Another thing to remember is that most solar installers in Parramatta have a preferred solar panel manufacturer, which is why we encourage you to gather multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent of solar panels than your inverter is rated at.
We also recommend you get a bigger solar system initially with the fast electrification that’s happening in Australia today, which may impact your future energy needs. By getting a bigger solar system as early as now, you are more prepared, especially if you have plans to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle. Moreover, this will help you save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Parramatta, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Parramatta may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which lets homeowners swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system with installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead. As a result, you can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given by the Australian federal government to homeowners and businesses with renewable energy systems. Keep in mind that the value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market.
Also, every solar system in Parramatta is assigned a specific number of STCs. Therefore, the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to households that export excess energy back into the grid. Your energy retailer will be the one who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Parramatta
Some factors must be considered to ensure you get the right solar system in Parramatta. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Parramatta. We encourage you to hire a roof inspector for this.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels in Parramatta that you need, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you get a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which will impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Parramatta. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer will help you find the perfect location for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Parramatta, NSW?
A solar battery in Parramatta will allow you to store energy generated by your solar system. In turn, you can use the stored energy to power your home on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Parramatta will help reduce grid dependency, which will make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Parramatta, but they can be inconvenient. There are many solar batteries available that you can purchase today, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your solar battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Parramatta
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Parramatta solar panels
A mid-range home in Parramatta can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.