On This Page
Did you know that Penrith in New South Wales (NSW) is filled with many adventures to experience? If you’re looking for adrenaline-inducing attractions, then Penrith is the one for you. You will enjoy the city’s diverse arts and culture scene.
There are huge lands here ready for redevelopment, which will transform the city. With its inland location and its position on the foot of the Blue Mountains, it can get extremely hot here. This is also why many homeowners and business owners have switched to solar energy.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Penrith*
Total Installed Capacity in Penrith (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Penrith, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Penrith, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Penrith
To find the right solar system for your home in Penrith, the first step is to find a solar installer first. Many solar installers are out there today, and the right one will consider your energy needs, personal preferences, and budget. This is the reason you need to take the time to compare multiple installers first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are the ones that are financially stable and will likely honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg New Energy Finance’s Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is released every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
One of the best things today is that the costs of solar panels have reduced significantly in the past ten years. However, there are still a few considerations you need to take to determine the right solar panels in Penrith.
For most homes in NSW, the solar system size is 6.6 kW of solar panels with a 5 kW inverter. However, we recommend sizing up where possible. Why?
Many changes are happening due to electrification that will impact your future energy needs. By getting a bigger solar system in Penrith as early as now, you are more prepared; hence, this will save you a lot of money in the long run. This is also a good idea if you choose to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Penrith, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Penrith may be eligible for Swap for Solar. This will help reduce energy bills as it allows homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Penrith homeowners who are not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will let homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available for all Australians with solar systems on their properties. The Australian federal government gives STCs to households and small businesses with renewable energy systems. The value of STC depends on its supply and demand in the open market.
With that, every solar system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the system’s overall value.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers are the ones who give the FiTs. They are given when you export excess energy back to the grid. Therefore, it is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate. For this, we highly recommend you compare electricity retailers to find the one that will provide you with the best FiT for your Penrith home.
The right solar system in Penrith
There are important factors to consider to ensure you get the best solar system in Penrith, NSW:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in good condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Penrith.
- Roof angle: How your roof is angled is important when it comes to the efficiency of your solar panels in Penrith. Ideally, the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the right number of solar panels you need for your Penrith home, look into your previous energy bills to get your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s may impact the efficiency of your solar panels in Penrith. Trimming the down will help. Your solar installer will also help you find the best position for your solar panels whilst considering these shaded areas.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Penrith, NSW?
A solar battery in Penrith will let you store energy generated by your solar panels to use throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Below are the other benefits of a solar battery in Penrith:
- Energy independence: The electrical grid has become unstable that also pushed electricity rates to rise. With a solar battery in Penrith, you can reduce your grid dependency and even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Penrith, but they can be extremely inconvenient when they do happen. You can choose from many solar batteries in Penrith, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Penrith
In NSW, it’s not only solar energy that is becoming more affordable but EVs as well. The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. The EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
There are also many more EV models to be launched, which makes it even more exciting. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you purchase an EV today:
- Lower costs: The running costs of EVs are lower, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest exporter of lithium in the world. Additionally, EV batteries are made of lithium. With this, you can support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Penrith solar panels
For a mid-range home in Penrith, NSW, the return on investment can be between two and six years. Remember that your energy consumption and usage pattern must be taken into consideration.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.