On This Page
Peregian Springs in Queensland (QLD) is a suburb that is home to a large-scale housing estate. There are schools, beautiful beaches, and amenities within and nearby Peregian Springs. You can also find a mix of contemporary homes here as well.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Peregian Springs*
Total Installed Capacity in Peregian Springs (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Peregian Springs, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Peregian Springs, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Peregian Springs
According to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), over 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been built in Queensland. At this time, Queensland is on track to meet its 2030 goal of 50% renewable capacity.
Australia is electrifying, which will affect its future energy requirements. This makes the present the ideal moment to switch to solar energy and purchase the best solar panels for your home.
There are several solar installers in Peregian Springs from which to choose, and Energy Matters will assist you in selecting one with the finest credentials.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Peregian Springs, QLD
Solar energy is not eligible for any rebates in Queensland. Homeowners are entitled to federal and state solar subsidies and incentives when they install rooftop solar panels.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The initial costs related to constructing rooftop solar systems can be reduced with the use of STCs. However, depending on the size and positioning of your rooftop solar panels, you can receive a different number of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Peregian Springs
Before putting in rooftop solar panels in Peregian Springs, Queensland, there are a few crucial factors to take into account:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Peregian Springs, your roof should be in excellent condition.
- Roof angle: Your home should have a roof angle that is equal to the latitude of the area in which it is situated.
- Energy consumption: Examine your previous energy bills to estimate your average monthly energy use in order to calculate the number of solar panels you need for your home.
- Surrounding shade: Peregian Springs trees may cast shadows that reduce the effectiveness of your rooftop solar panels. Trimming them down is an option, and your Peregian Springs solar installer can work with you to select the ideal location for your installation.
Your solar installer in Peregian Springs will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Peregian Springs, QLD?
You can store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels in Peregian Springs, Queensland, using a solar battery. Other advantages are:
- Energy independence: By building a solar battery, Pergian Springs resident can lessen their reliance on the grid. Additionally, your house may be able to sustain itself totally in this manner.
- Blackout protection: One of the solar batteries you may employ to safeguard your Sherwood property from blackouts is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Pergian Springs back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Peregian Springs, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Peregian Springs
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Peregian Springs.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Peregian Springs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Peregian Springs solar panels
For a mid-range home in Peregian Springs, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.