On This Page
Picton in New South Wales (NSW) is a scenic town with a lot of natural beauty and is known for the annual light festival. There are many things to do there, such as visiting the NSW Rail Museum and the Mushroom Tunnel. The town also has a botanic garden and the popular Sydney Skydivers.
Exploring sustainable options for harnessing energy in Picton can contribute to preserving its natural beauty. Considering solar power is a step towards environmental responsibility. To understand how solar solutions could seamlessly integrate with the scenic charm of Picton, getting free solar quotes from Energy Matters is a prudent first step.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Picton*
Total Installed Capacity in Picton (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Picton, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Picton, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Picton
The town receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day, and there is around 20 per cent of homes with rooftop solar panels in Picton, NSW. With that, now is the perfect time to find the right solar installer in Picton for you. Working with the right one will guarantee that your personal preference, energy needs, and budget will all be met.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Another thing to remember is that most solar installers in Picton have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Hence, you need to take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is read at.
It’s also a good idea to get a bigger solar system from the get-go due to the fast-paced electrification in Australia today. When you have a bigger solar system that makes you feel prepared for your future energy needs. Also, it’s an excellent move if you plan to buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Picton, NSW
The NSW government continues to make solar energy even more affordable. Here are some rebates and incentives that Picton residents with rooftop solar panels can get:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Picton, NSW, may be eligible for a Swap for Solar. This will let homeowners swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will provide home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with a solar system can get STCs, in which the value will depend on the supply and demand in the market. That said, every solar PV system is assigned a specific amount of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, you can get FiTs. It is your energy retailer who will provide FiTs and will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Picton
You need to consider a few more important things to ensure you get the right solar system in Picton. They are:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Picton.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption:To determine the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you an idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that may affect the efficiency of your solar system in Picton. You can trim the down whilst your solar installer will help find the perfect spot for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Picton, NSW?
A home battery storage in Picton will let you store energy generated by your solar system. In turn, you will have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Aside from that, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Picton, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Picton rarely occur, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can ensure you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)can see you saving even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are many brands and types of solar batteries you can choose from in Picton, NSW.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Picton
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Picton solar panels
A mid-range home in Picton can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.