On This Page
Randwick in New South Wales (NSW) is a suburb that is rich in history with several heritage buildings. A lot of shopping hubs can be found on several streets in the suburb, as well as bars, cafes, and restaurants. The Randwick Racecourse is also a popular spot for year-long horse races.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Randwick*
Total Installed Capacity in Randwick (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Randwick, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Randwick, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Randwick
Despite the large-scale solar projects in NSW, there’s significant growth in small-scale PV system installations across the state. By 2038, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) estimated that the total installed capacity of PV systems in NSW will be 6,070 MW for residential.
One of the driving forces behind this is that solar PV systems are becoming cheaper, which is why there are more rooftop solar panels installations. The NSW Government also continues to provide solar rebates and Australia-wide solar incentives that make solar more accessible, appealing, and affordable.
That said, now is the time to switch to solar. You can start your transition to renewable energy by looking for a solar installer in Randwick. Fortunately, there are many solar installers in Randwick you can find today.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are manufacturers with high bankability that allow them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated yearly.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW are equipped with a solar system with 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system initially, as electrification in the country speeds up rapidly. This will impact your future energy needs, and with solar panels cheaper now, it’s smart to get a bigger one now. You get more savings, preparing you for the changes in your energy consumption in the near future, especially with the emergence of solar batteries and electric vehicles today.
Solar rebates and incentives in Randwick, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in NSW may be eligible for a Swap for Solar. The scheme allows eligible homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those who are not eligible for a Swap for Solar may still get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will give you free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians with solar systems are eligible to get STCs that can be traded for a discount on the upfront solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
It is your energy retailer who will provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid from your solar system.
The right solar system in Randwick
There are a few things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Randwick.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Randwick.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Randwick, it’s important you have an idea of your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Randwick will help you find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Randwick, NSW?
A solar battery in Randwick will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels you can use throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency when you have a solar battery in Randwick. You can even make your home fully self-sufficient with it.
- Blackout protection: Have power even during a blackout with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Randwick
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Randwick solar panels
A mid-range home in Randwick can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.