Solar Power In Rockhampton, QLD, 4700
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Queensland, including Rockhampton (postcode: 4700) and the Rockhampton region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout QLD.
Rockhampton not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Rockhampton
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Rockhampton , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Rockhampton region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Queensland team on 133-SUN.
Rockhampton's solar energy resources
On average, Rockhampton receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.31 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Rockhampton should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 8° to 18° and the optimal angle is 13°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Rockhampton
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Rockhampton and is based on components well suited to Fitzroy area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Rockhampton: 7.5978 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 5.319 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.6552 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2773 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $832 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Rockhampton
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Rockhampton: 15.1956 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 10.638 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 19.3104 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5546 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1664 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Rockhampton
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Rockhampton: 25.326 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 17.73 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 32.184 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 9244 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2773 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Rockhampton
Solar installations in Rockhampton, QLD, 4700
There are 1248 solar PV installations in Rockhampton's postcode, 4700, totaling 4155.88 kW of capacity. The 4700 postcode accounts for 0.082% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Rockhampton area.
The average system size in Rockhampton is 3.33kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Rockhampton's postcode area are generating an average of 22068 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $198610 monthly and $2416416 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 4700 postcode is enough to fully power 1154 Australian homes.
Rockhampton solar carbon offset
System owners in Rockhampton's postcode are collectively avoiding 8055 tonnes (coal fired power) or 3222 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 1156 - 2891 cars off Rockhampton's roads.
Other related Rockhampton information
Rockhampton's coordinates are -23.378941,150.512323 and its weather station is located at Rockhampton Airport. Rockhampton Airport weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Rockhampton: 5.31 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.73 m/s
- Air pressure: 101.32 kPa
- Humidity: 67.79%
- Air temperature: 22.44 degrees C
- Earth temperature:23.56 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Rockhampton
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Rockhampton households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Rockhampton and the Rockhampton region. For more QLD solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Queensland or call our Rockhampton hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Rockhampton
Join Rockhampton's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Rockhampton and the Rockhampton region. Call our Queensland team on 133-SUN for more information.