On This Page
Rockhampton in Queensland (QLD) is in the heart of the second largest river system, the Fitzroy Basin. The area is also bordered by the Berserker Ranges, which means you get the best of both worlds here, especially if you are an outdoor buff.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Rockhampton*
Total Installed Capacity in Rockhampton (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Rockhampton, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Rockhampton, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Rockhampton
Rockhampton is ideal for solar because of its temperate climate. So, if you’re thinking of adding rooftop solar panels in Rockhampton, you need to find a solar installer. The right solar installer will consider your personal preference, energy needs, and your budget.
However, most solar installers in Rockhampton have a preferred solar manufacturer already. If you have a brand in mind, it’s important to take the time to compare solar installers first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose from Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the ones who are financially stable; as a result, they are the ones who will likely honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 Solar Panel Manufacturer’s List, which is released every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in QLD are equipped with 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than your investor is rated at.
In addition, we recommend sizing up where possible. With the fast-paced electrification and rising energy costs, getting a bigger solar system as early as now is beneficial. This will also be helpful if you plan to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Rockhampton, QLD
Here are some solar incentives you can get in Rockhampton, QLD:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can exchange STCs for cash, which will be deducted from the cost of your solar system in Rockhampton. However, the number of STCs will vary depending on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer in Rockhampton will provide you with FiTs. FiTs are provided when you send excess energy back into the grid. However, the rates will depend on your energy retailer, which is why it’s crucial you compare energy retailers first.
The right solar system in Rockhampton
Here are factors to consider to help you get the right solar system in Rockhampton:
- Roof condition: The condition of your roof should be in perfect condition before you have solar panels installed in Rockhampton.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof angle must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Rockhampton home, it would be helpful to look into your previous electricity bills. By doing so, you will get a clear idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard can affect the efficiency of your solar panels in Rockhampton. Trimming them down is one thing you can do. In addition, your solar installer will help you find the right location and position for your solar system.
Your solar installer in Rockhampton will design a solar system that will maximise your roof space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Rockhampton?
Many homes are buying solar battery because of the benefits it provides. A solar battery will allow you to store excess energy from your solar system in Rockhampton that you can use throughout the night or on cloudy days. Some of the benefits you can get from a solar battery in Rockhampton are:
- Energy independence: The grid is unstable, and energy costs are rising. You can make your home self-sufficient with a solar battery. Also, you can save more on your energy bills.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Rockhampton, but it’s best to be prepared. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you don’t need to worry about blackouts anymore.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you get credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Rockhampton.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Rockhampton
The Queensland Government is actively helping residents afford renewable energy. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. They also plan to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
To add to this, EV owners are eligible for lower stamp duty—EVs up to $10,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
The QLD government is also rolling out EV charging infrastructure and has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway that runs almost the full length of the coast. Currently, it is the longest intrastate network globally.
Also, there are 10,000 EVs in Queensland, and the $45 million EV strategy guarantees 100 per cent eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. They also added the new TransLink-funded bus to their fleet.
So, if you are planning to get an EV in Rockhampton, check out the other benefits below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help achieve this goal by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Rockhampton solar panels
For a mid-range home in Rockhampton, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.