On This Page
Slacks Creek in Queensland (QLD) is one of the oldest settlements in Logan. Today, it’s becoming a popular location because of the affordable homes and its close proximity to the M1 Motorway. There are also multiple schools, shops, parks, and restaurants.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Slacks Creek*
Total Installed Capacity in Slacks Creek (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Slacks Creek, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Slacks Creek, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Slacks Creek
The Clean Energy Regulator (CER) reports that over 900,000 small-scale solar systems were installed across Queensland at the start of 2023. This puts QLD on track to reach its 50 per cent renewable energy capacity goal by 2030.
Now is the perfect time to switch to solar, and to ensure a successful solar journey, you need to ensure you have the right solar system in Slacks Creek.
This is why it’s important you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability that allow them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Electrification is going at a supercharged pace across the country, which will impact your future energy needs. To prepare for this, getting a bigger solar system initially is something worth considering. As rooftop solar panels in Slacks Creek are more affordable and accessible now, you can take advantage of this and save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Slacks Creek, QLD
There is no available statewide rebate but nationwide solar rebates and incentives are available to Slacks Creek residents with solar systems installed on their properties.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs allow homeowners to get discounts on the upfront costs and installation of their rooftop solar panels. However, the amount of STCs vary depending on size and location of the rooftop solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Slacks Creek
You need to consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Slacks Creek. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Slacks Creek.
- Roof angle: The angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Slacks Creek, get your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar system. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Slacks Creek will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Slacks Creek will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Slacks Creek?
When you have a solar battery in Slacks Creek, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels.
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Slacks Creek can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Slacks Creek, but there’s no harm in being prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Slacks Creek back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Slacks Creek, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Slacks Creek
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Slacks Creek.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Slacks Creek
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Slacks Creek solar panels
For a mid-range home in Slacks Creek, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.