On This Page
Southside is a suburb in Queensland (QLD) that is a semi-rural locality in the Gympie region. It’s a family-friendly area, with a good share of schools and amenities.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Southside*
Total Installed Capacity in Southside (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Southside, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Southside, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Southside
In just the start of 2023, the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) has already recorded that over 900,000 small-scale systems have been installed across the state. This puts the state right on track with its goal of 50 per cent renewable energy generation capacity by 2030. It also puts the nation closer to its net-zero goals by 2050.
They don’t call QLD the “sunshine state” for nothing, and with the abundance of sun power here, it’s no surprise that homeowners are taking advantage of it and using it to harness solar energy.
Now is the best time to switch to solar because of its affordability and accessibility. Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Southside, QLD. With so many solar installers in Southside, how do you find the one suited to your energy needs, personal preference, and budget?
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties due to their financial stability. Additionally, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have a solar system with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also encourage getting a bigger solar system initially. As solar systems are affordable and widely available now, buying a bigger system makes a lot of economic sense.
This also prepares you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs. Thus, saving you a lot more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Southside, QLD
There is no state rebate in QLD, but you can get other rebates and incentives that will make the solar journey even more worth it.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be traded in exchange for cash and be used to reduce the overall upfront cost of the solar system. However, the amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels in Southside, QLD.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. They are also the ones who set the FiT rates.
You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
The right solar system in Southside
You need to consider a few important things before you install rooftop solar panels in Southside. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Southside. Hiring a professional roof inspector can be a big help.
- Roof angle: The angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you a general idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or surrounding areas may cause shade to the solar system, which can affect its efficiency. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Southside can help you find the right location for your solar system.
Your solar installer in Southside will also design a system that will let you maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer in Brisbane whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Southside?
When you have a solar battery in Southside, QLD, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Some of its benefits include:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Southside, you can reduce your grid dependency. It can also make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery in Southside, like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you never have to worry about a blackout ever again.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Buderim back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Southside, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Southside
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Southside. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Beachmere:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Southside solar panels
For a mid-range home in Southside, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers in Brisbane now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.