On This Page
When you think of Tamworth in New South Wales (NSW), it’s easy to associate it with country music as it’s the country music capital of Australia. It is where the world-renowned music festival takes place and where you can find the 12-metre-high Golden Guitar. Aside from this,Tamworth is also known for its amazing food, wine, and great outdoor adventure activities.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Tamworth*
Total Installed Capacity in Tamworth (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Tamworth, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Tamworth, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Tamworth
Planning a solar switch in Tamworth? Your first step would be to find a solar installer in Tamworth. The right solar installer in Tamworth, NSW, will consider your personal preference, budget, and energy needs. However, most solar installers have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Therefore, if you have a brand in mind, it’s best that you shop around and gather multiple quotes first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Tamworth, NSW. These are financially-stable manufacturers that will honour their warranties. Aside from this, they are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is released and updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend sizing up where possible to help you cope with further electrification in Australia. This is also smart if you plan to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery. By getting a bigger solar system in Tamworth as early as now, you get to save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Tamworth, NSW
The NSW Government is making efforts to make solar in Tamworth even more affordable. Check out the available incentives and rebates below:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Tamworth may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which will help reduce energy bills. This will allow homeowners to swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3 kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades in Tamworth. This will let you get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to households and businesses in Australia. You or your installer can trade these certificates for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Tamworth.
However, the amount of STCs you get will depend on the size of your solar system. Some homeowners can receive their STCs through a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system, which will result in thousands of money saved.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy providers provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy from their solar system back into the grid. With this, your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate. Hence, it’s important to take your time in choosing the best energy retailer.
The right solar system in Tamworth
There are factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Tamworth, NSW. They are:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in the best shape before you install solar panels in Tamworth NSW.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: When buying a solar system in Tamworth, you should clearly know your monthly average consumption. To know this, look into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard can cause shade that may impact the efficiency of your Tamworth solar panels. Your solar installer will help you find the right location for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery storage in Tamworth, NSW?
A solar battery in Tamworth can help you store energy that you can use throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Here are some of the reasons a solar battery in Tamworth is worth considering:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar system in Tamworth.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Tamworth rarely occur, but they can be inconvenient. You can protect your home from this with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Tamworth, NSW
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Tamworth solar panels
A mid-range home in Tamworth can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern, which will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.