On This Page
Right on the banks of the Manning River, Taree is a major service town for the region. It has everything you need whilst being surrounded by lush greenery and nature. The area experiences a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and mild winters.
There are around 20 per cent of households with solar panels on their roofs. The area receives around 4.8 hours of peak sun per day.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Taree*
Total Installed Capacity in Taree (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Taree, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Taree, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Taree
If you’re looking for solar installers in Taree, they will consider your personal preference, budget and energy needs. However, if you’re particular with the solar panel brand, then you need to be aware that solar installers in Taree, NSW, usually have a preferred solar panel manufacturer.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Taree, NSW. These are financially-stable manufacturers that will likely honour their manufacturer’s warranty.
To know who these manufacturers are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
The costs of solar panels in Taree have reduced significantly over the last decade. To know the number of solar panels for your home, you need to consider your roof and the amount your local electricity network will allow you to install.
Remember, most homes in NSW will have a solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can also install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
In case you want to consume more energy because of plans to purchase an Electric Vehicle (EV) or solar battery storage, then it would be better to get a bigger solar system from the get-go.
In fact, we highly recommend that you size up where possible. This will also due to the increase in electrification, which means that your future electricity needs will change. Eventually, you will need to add solar panels or upgrade your solar PV system fully in the future, which will cost you more money. You can avoid the additional costs when you size up as early as now.
Solar rebates and incentives in Taree, NSW
Switching to solar panels in Taree is one of the best things you can do. What makes it even better is that you also get access to solar rebates and incentives provided by the federal and NSW government that will help you save and make money. Here are some of the incentives and rebates you can get from Taree, NSW:
Swap for solar
Low-income households in Taree can be eligible for Swap for Solar to reduce energy bills. This works by allowing homeowners to swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In the case that you are not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades in Taree, NSW. The rebate swap will let homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses in Taree, NSW. What can be done is either you or your installer can exchange these certificates for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Taree.
However, the amount of STCs you receive will depend on the size of your solar system. Some homeowners can receive their STCs via a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system, which will result in thousands of money saved. Don’t worry; your solar installer can take care of all this for you.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The FiTs are provided by energy providers received by homeowners when they export excess energy from their solar system back into the grid. Therefore, your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Taree
There are other factors to consider to ensure you get the best solar system for your Taree home.
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in the best shape before you install solar panels in Taree, NSW.
- Roof angle: How the roof is angled is important when it comes to the efficiency of your solar panels in Taree. The roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: When buying a solar system in Taree, you also need to get an idea of the amount of energy you consume monthly. Doing so will help you better understand how big the solar system should be for your home.
- Surrounding shade: There are many things that can add shade to your property, such as trees, shrubbery and structures. All of these may impact the shade of your solar panels in Taree. The good thing is that your solar installer will help you find the right spot to install solar panels in your home.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in Taree, NSW?
Get more reliable home solar energy with a solar battery. A solar battery can keep your excess energy used at night or on overcast days. There are several brands of solar energy batteries you can get today.
Below are the reasons a solar battery in Taree is a good investment:
- Energy independence: The increase in energy rates and the instability of the electrical grid makes a home solar battery in Taree beneficial. With a solar battery, you don’t need to rely so much on the grid—your home can even be self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Taree are rare, but they can be a huge inconvenience when they happen. The good thing is that you can protect your home from blackouts with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall. A solar battery can power your home when the rest of your street or suburb doesn’t have power. Your solar panels in Taree will charge your battery throughout the day, so you have energy that you can use throughout the day and depending on your consumption, even throughout the night.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Taree
EVs are more affordable in Taree, thanks to the NSW government. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Hence, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia has a goal to reach net zero by 2050. You can be part of this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries and primarily made of lithium. As a result, getting an EV is a great way to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Taree solar panels
A mid-range home in Taree can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s also important to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern, as this will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.