On This Page
Tea Gardens in New South Wales (NSW) continues to carry its 1950s charm. The small town is popular for windsurfing, kayaking, fishing, and surfing. Where it got its name is unknown—some claim that it is due to the unsuccessful attempt to grow tea or because of the many tea trees along the Myall River.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Tea Gardens*
Total Installed Capacity in Tea Gardens (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Tea Gardens, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Tea Gardens, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Tea Gardens
When switching to solar power in Tea Gardens, you need to find the right solar installer that will suit your needs. The right solar installer in Tea Gardens will consider your energy needs, budget, and preference. Remember that most solar installers in Tea Gardens have a preferred solar panel manufacturer.
If you are particular about the brand, make sure that you take the time to compare solar quotes first. Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Tea Gardens, NSW. They are the ones that are financially stable to honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels. You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in NSW, the solar system size is 6.6kW with a 5 kW inverter. However, we recommend sizing up where possible to keep up with the rapid electrification that will impact your future energy needs. It is also smart if you plan to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle. Sizing up as early as now can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Tea Gardens, NSW
Tea Gardens residents may access solar rebates and incentives in NSW. They are the following:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Tea Gardens may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which is a program that helps reduce energy bills by allowing homeowners swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including the installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a Solar Swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will give you free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given to all Australians with solar panels installed on their property. The value of an STC depends on its supply and demand in the market. However, keep in mind that every solar PV system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and its total value will be deducted from the overall value of the solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy providers pay FiTs to homeowners when they send excess energy into the grid. This can be used for properties that require more electricity. Your energy retailer will set the rate of your FiT.
The right solar system in Tea Gardens
There are factors to consider to get the best solar system in Tea Gardens. They are:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Tea Gardens. We recommend having your roof inspected by a professional to ensure that there are no problems with your roof.
- Roof angle: An ideal roof angle must have the roof tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, check your previous energy bills. This will give you your average monthly consumption rate.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may compromise the efficiency of your solar system in Tea Gardens. Trimming them down is important. Your solar installer will also help you find the right location for your Tea Gardens property.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Tea Gardens, NSW?
A solar battery in Tea Gardens will allow you to store energy generated by your solar system throughout the night, during blackouts or overcast days. Here are some of its benefits:
- Energy independence: The electric grid has been unstable, that also causes energy prices to rise. Hence, a solar battery in Tea Gardens may reduce grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Tea Gardens are rare, but they can be inconvenient when they occur. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many available brands today that can power your home.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Fortunately, there are many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Tea Gardens, NSW.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Tea Gardens, NSW
EVs are on the rise, and the NSW Government is making EVs more accessible to Tea Gardens residents. Currently, the NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. However, to be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Paired with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are some of the excellent benefits you can get when you switch to EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you get to save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this great mission by simply switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world; EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. As a result, with an EV, you can better support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Tea Gardens solar panels
A mid-range home in Tea Gardens can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, your energy consumption and usage pattern are important to consider as well.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.