On This Page
Tenterfield is a charming little town that’s all about that laid-back Aussie vibe. Nestled in the picturesque New England region of New South Wales, Tenterfield is a place where time seems to slow down, and the friendly locals are always up for a chat.
Surrounded by rolling hills and stunning landscapes, Tenterfield is a paradise for nature lovers. You can explore national parks like Bald Rock and Boonoo Boonoo, where you’ll find lush forests, crystal-clear creeks, and some seriously Instagram-worthy lookout points.
History buffs will have a field day here too, as Tenterfield is steeped in Australian heritage. The town played a pivotal role in Sir Henry Parkes’ famous Federation speech, earning it the nickname “The Birthplace of Our Nation.” You can even visit the Sir Henry Parkes Memorial School of Arts, which is now a museum showcasing the town’s rich history.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Tenterfield*
Total Installed Capacity in Tenterfield (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Tenterfield, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Tenterfield, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Tenterfield
As a result of the NSW government’s measures to improve accessibility and reduce the cost of renewable energy sources, more families in the state are switching to solar energy.
Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that by 2038, the state’s installed PV capacity will reach 6,070 MW.
The first step in switching to solar energy is to find the best solar installer in Tenterfield. Fortunately, Tenterfiel has a wide selection of solar installers.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Tenterfield will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Tenterfield, NSW
The New South Wales (NSW) government offers incentives and subsidies to encourage the usage of solar power.
Swap for Solar
Low-Income Household Rebates may be exchanged for a 3kW system in order to cover installation costs by low-income homes.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
If you don’t meet the requirements for a Swap for Solar, you might be able to exchange energy-saving modifications for cash. You will get a free home energy study worth up to $4,000 in exchange for updating your appliances.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians with solar systems installed on their properties can simply obtain STCs. Therefore, this also applies to Tenterfield homeowners. STCs are provided by the Australian Federal Government, but the supply and demand on the open market determines how much they are worth. Due to the fact that each solar system is only given a specific number of STCs, the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the value of the entire solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Bendigo
Before installing rooftop solar panels, Tenterfield homeowners should take the following factors into account:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Tenterfield, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the home’s location determines the appropriate roof angle for a given region.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. In this situation, you’ll need your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from neighbouring trees or other structures may result in less effective operation of the solar panels on your roof. The ideal position for your rooftop solar panels in Tenterfield will be suggested to you by your rooftop solar panel installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Tenterfield, NSW?
You may store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels in Tenterfield if you have a solar battery. Here are a few advantages of having a solar battery:
- Energy independence: Residents of Tenterfield can completely or significantly lessen their reliance on the grid by using a solar battery.
- Protection from blackouts: Even though power outages are uncommon in Tenterfield, solar batteries can help you be prepared for them when they do happen. One of the solar batteries you can buy right now is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Tenterfield
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Tenterfield solar panels
A mid-range home in Tenterfield can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.