Solar Power In Tweed Heads, NSW, 2485
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Tweed Heads (postcode: 2485) and the Tweed Valley region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Tweed Heads not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Tweed Heads
New South Wales, 2485
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Tweed Heads , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Tweed Valley region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Tweed Heads's solar energy resources
On average, Tweed Heads receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.51 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Tweed Heads should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 13° to 23° and the optimal angle is 18°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Tweed Heads
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Tweed Heads and is based on components well suited to Richmond - Tweed area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Tweed Heads: 6.453 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 4.0176 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.8398 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2355 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $706 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Tweed Heads
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Tweed Heads: 12.906 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 8.0352 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.6796 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4711 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1413 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Tweed Heads
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Tweed Heads: 21.51 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 13.392 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 29.466 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7852 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2355 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Tweed Heads
Solar installations in Tweed Heads, NSW, 2485
There are 1143 solar PV installations in Tweed Heads's postcode, 2485, totaling 2766.33 kW of capacity. The 2485 postcode accounts for 0.075% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Tweed Heads area.
The average system size in Tweed Heads is 2.42kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Tweed Heads's postcode area are generating an average of 12476 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $112285 monthly and $1366138 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2485 postcode is enough to fully power 768 Australian homes.
Tweed Heads solar carbon offset
System owners in Tweed Heads's postcode are collectively avoiding 4554 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1822 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 654 - 1635 cars off Tweed Heads's roads.
Tweed Heads, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Tweed Heads information
Tweed Heads's coordinates are -28.177537,153.538538 and its weather station is located at Coolangatta Aws Aut. Coolangatta Aws Aut weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Tweed Heads: 4.51 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.18 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.05 kPa
- Humidity: 66.61%
- Air temperature: 19.97 degrees C
- Earth temperature:22.36 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Tweed Heads
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Tweed Heads households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Tweed Heads and the Tweed Valley region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Tweed Heads hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Tweed Heads
Join Tweed Heads's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Tweed Heads and the Tweed Valley region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.