On This Page
Ulladulla in New South Wales (NSW) evokes a coastal atmosphere with its holiday beaches, lakes, forests, and mountain ranges. It is also one of the rare places in NSW where the Princes Highway, the main artery, passes the harbour in between enclosing headlands.
Residents enjoy various water sports here, which is also the reason it’s a popular vacation destination over the summer.
Around 12 per cent of households in Ulladulla have rooftop solar panels as the area receives approximately 4.8 hours of peak sun per day.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Ulladulla*
Total Installed Capacity in Ulladulla (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Ulladulla, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Ulladulla, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Ulladulla
As the growing number of homeowners in Ulladulla switching to solar energy, the first step is to find the right solar installer. The right solar installer in Ulladulla will find the best solar system based on your personal preference, energy needs, and budget.
Most solar installers in Ulladulla have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you are particular about the brand, then it’s best to shop around before making a decision.
Energy Matters recommends Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels. They are the financially-stable ones who can likely honour their warranties.
To know who they are, you can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6kW solar system with a 5kW inverter. This is a good size, but we recommend sizing up where possible as electrification in the country speeds up. Therefore, your energy is bound to change.
When you buy a bigger solar system in Ulladulla, you can save more money in the long run. This is also a good idea if you have plans to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Ulladulla, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Ulladulla may be eligible for the Swap for Solar, which will help reduce their energy bills. Homeowners can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those not eligible in Ulladulla for the solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. With this, homeowners can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to all Australians with renewable energy systems. The value of an STC depends on the supply and demand in the market. Every solar system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the system’s overall value.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When homeowners export excess energy back into the grid, FiTs are given to homeowners. Therefore, your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Ulladulla
Here are the factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Ulladulla:
- Roof condition: The condition of your roof should be perfect before you have rooftop solar panels in Ulladulla.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Ulladulla home, look into your previous energy bills. By doing so, you can get a clear idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees and other structures on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that may impact solar system efficiency. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Ulladulla can help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Ulladulla, NSW?
With a solar battery in Ulladulla, you can store energy generated by your solar panels. You can use the stored energy on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Ulladulla. In addition, this can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Ulladulla rarely occur, but you don’t want to be caught in the middle of it without power at all. The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get in Ulladulla today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Ulladulla
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Ulladulla solar panels
A mid-range home in Ulladulla can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.
Our professional solar installers in Melbourne will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Melbourne to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Melbourne home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.