On This Page
Upper Mount Gravatt is a suburb in Queensland (QLD) that has become an important centre in the past years because of Logan Road and Pacific Motorway that runs through the area. The suburb also has a mini CBD with the State Netball Centre, the regional Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and a major police district station.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Upper Mount Gravatt*
Total Installed Capacity in Upper Mount Gravatt (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Upper Mount Gravatt
As Australia moves forward to reaching the net zero goal by 2050, Queensland is among the states and territories in the country that is being proactive in making solar energy happen. With a growing number of households in QLD switching to solar energy, there’s no wonder that Upper Mount Gravatt residents are installing rooftop solar panels.
You can be a part of this wonderful change, not only to the country, but to the environment as well. Installing rooftop solar panels in Upper Mount Gravatt is easy, but it does take some work.
The first step here is to find the right solar installer in Upper Mount Gravatt. It’s true that the number of solar installers in Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD are overwhelming. The good news? We’re here to help.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. Why? They are financially stable, which means they can honour their warranties. Additionally, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find who they are by checking Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Remember that most solar installers in Upper Mount Gravatt have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Therefore, if you’re particular about the brand, you should take your time to compare multiple quotes first.
Most homes in Queensland have 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Due to the electrification that is happening all over the country, getting a bigger solar system in Upper Mount Gravatt is highly encouraged. With a bigger solar system in Upper Mount Gravatt, you have more room to grow—especially when you have plans to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD
Despite the lack of available solar rebates for Queensland residents today, their are solar incentives that Upper Mount Gravatt homeowners can take advantage of. They are:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can help reduce the overall cost of your solar system because you can redeem them for cash. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels in Upper Mount Gravatt.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailers are the ones who will provide FiTs and set the FiT rates. You get FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid.
You can also stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives here.
The right solar system in Upper Mount Gravatt
There are other important factors to consider before you install rooftop solar panels in Upper Mount Gravatt. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Upper Mount Gravatt.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the right angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Upper Mount Gravatt, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Upper Mount Gravatt because they may cause shade. Trimming them down is something you can do, whilst your solar installer in Upper Mount Gravatt will help you find the right location for your solar system on your property.
In addition, your solar installer in Upper Mount Gravatt will design a solar system that will enable you to maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Upper Mount Gravatt?
A solar battery in Upper Mount Gravatt will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Here are some of its benefits:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Upper Mount Gravatt, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Upper Mount Gravatt, you never have to worry about a blackout again. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, will ensure you have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Upper Mount Gravatt back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Upper Mount Gravatt
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Upper Mount Gravatt. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Upper Mount Gravatt:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Upper Mount Gravatt solar panels
For a mid-range home in Upper Mount Gravatt, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.