On This Page
Warrnambool in Victoria is a coastal city that is known for its safe beaches, parks and gardens, and Logans Beach, where whales come to give birth every year. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Victoria in the summer.
The city experiences a moderate climate and receives 3.95 hours of peak sun per day. Hence, around ten per cent of homes in Warrnambool have rooftop solar panels installed.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Warrnambool*
Total Installed Capacity in Warrnambool (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Warrnambool, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Warrnambool, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Warrnambool
Choosing the right solar installer in Warrnambool is essential to ensure you get the right solar system for your home. A solar installer in Warrnambool will help you choose the right solar system for you based on your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
One thing you should remember is that most solar installers in Warrnambool already have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. If you have a brand in mind, you should compare multiple quotes first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. Why? These are the financially stable ones that can honour their warranties. Also, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who they are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Over the past ten years, Victoria’s solar system costs have reduced significantly. With this, homeowners in Warrnambool can expect more affordable solar systems.
When determining the number of solar panels you need for your home, there are several considerations, like your roof condition, angle and the amount your local electrical network will let you install.
For most homes in Victoria, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of panels with a 5 kW inverter. Homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
If you plan to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon, we highly recommend you upsize as early as now. The rapid electrification today will impact your energy needs, and by sizing tip where possible will help you save more money in the future.
Solar rebates and incentives in Warrnambool, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Get rebates in Warrnambool in the form of STCs. These are acquired from the initial purchase price of the solar system. Hence, when installing solar panels, you are entitled to a number of STCs that you can exchange for cash, around $40. However, the amount of STCs you get will still depend on the expected solar system energy output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible households in Warrnambool, VIC may get a rebate of up to $1,400 off the solar panel (PV) system cost. On the other hand, those with solar batteries may also get a rebate of up to $2,950, while those with solar hot water systems may get up to $1,000.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are given for the excess energy you send back to the grid for every kWh of power exported. In Victoria, there are two yuppies of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
The peak times are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays to earn the highest FiT.
The right solar system in Warrnambool
Now, let’s discuss the factors to consider to ensure your solar system fits your energy demand:
- Roof condition: Your roof in Warrnambool should be in perfect condition. That’s why we recommend you have it professionally inspected first before you install rooftop solar panels in Warrnambool.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof angle should be tilted as the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: A way to determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Warrnambool, check your previous energy bills to get an idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or your neighbour’s yard may reduce solar panel efficiency. Trimming them down is recommended, whilst your solar installer in Warrnambool will also help find the best location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Warrnambool, VIC?
A solar battery for your Warrnambool home will allow you to store the generated energy by your solar panels that you can use on overcast days and throughout the night. Its other benefits include:
- Energy independence: The electric grid has long been unstable and energy prices are skyrocketing. You can make your home fully self-sufficient and reduce your grid dependency when you have a solar battery in Warrnambool.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Warrnambool, but when they do, you don’t want to be caught in the middle of the day or night without energy. With a solar battery in Warrnambool, you are prepared. For one, the Tesla Powerwall, is among the many batteries today that can power your home when there’s a blackout. Furthermore, your solar system in Warrnambool will continue to charge your battery throughout the day.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Warrnambool, VIC today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Warrnambool
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Warrnambool. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Warrnambool solar panels
For a mid-range home in Warrnambool, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.