On This Page
Known for its rodeos and sandstone heritage buildings, Warwick in Queensland (QLD) is a beautiful place to be. Aside from the Mary Poppins House in the area, many heritage centres preserve the culture of Warwick, QLD.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Warwick*
Total Installed Capacity in Warwick (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Warwick, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Warwick, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Warwick
Warwick residents can now take advantage of solar energy, especially with its temperate climate. Finding a solar installer in Warwick is the first thing you need to do.
A solar installer in Warwick will help you find the right solar system for your home by considering your personal preference, energy needs, and budget.
It’s important to remember that most solar installers in Warwick have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Hence, if you’re particular with the brand, we suggest you compare several solar installers first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers due to their excellent financial stability, enabling them to honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Model Manufacturers list, which is released every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Queensland, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than your inverter is rated at.
Another strong recommendation we have is to upsize where possible. The rapid electrification in Australia will impact your future energy needs, which is why you should upsize as early as now. This will also be beneficial if you have plans to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle in Warwick soon. By sizing up now, you will be able to save more money in the future.
Solar rebates and incentives in Warwick, QLD
Currently, Queensland doesn’t have available rebates yet for its residents, but they are entitled to solar incentives. They are:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can redeem STCs in exchange for cash, which will be deducted from the cost of your solar system. The number of STCs you get will depend on the size and location of you solar system in Warwick.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer in Warwick will be the one to provide your FiTs. FiTs are given when you send excess energy back into the grid. Similar to STCs, the rate of FiTs varies depending on your energy retailer, which is why you need to compare energy retailers to ensure you get the best rates.
The right solar system in Warwick
Here are some crucial factors to consider to ensure you get the most out of your solar system in Warwick:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof’s in excellent condition before you have rooftop solar panels in Warwick installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels in Warwick, look into your previous electricity bills. This will give you an idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may compromise the efficiency of your solar panels. Therefore, trimming them down is an effective way to address this. In addition, your solar installer in Warwick will help you find the best location and position for your solar panels.
Your solar installer in Warwick will also design a system that will maximise your roof space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Warwick?
A solar battery in Warwick will enable you to store your excess energy to use throughout the night or on overcast days. Here are the benefits of a solar battery in Warwick:
- Energy independence: The electrical grid is unstable and energy costs are rising. You can make your home fully self-sufficient by having a solar battery in Warwick, which will also reduce your grid dependency.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Warwick, but you don’t want to be caught in the dark when it happens. You are prepared for blackouts with a solar battery like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when yo
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Warwick
The Queensland Government is actively helping residents afford renewable energy. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. They also plan to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
To add to this, EV owners are eligible for lower stamp duty—EVs up to $10,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
The QLD government is also rolling out EV charging infrastructure and has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway that runs almost the full length of the coast. Currently, it is the longest intrastate network globally.
Also, there are 10,000 EVs in Queensland, and the $45 million EV strategy guarantees 100 per cent eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. They also added the new TransLink-funded bus to their fleet.
So, if you are planning to get an EV in Warwick, check out the other benefits below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help achieve this goal by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Warwick solar panels
For a mid-range home in Warwick, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.