On This Page
West End in Queensland (QLD) is a suburb that is known for its cafe and restaurant scene. There is also a lot of shopping you can do here along Boundary Street. West Gate also has a lot of ethnic and grocery stores. The suburb is well-serviced by buses and ferries.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in West End*
Total Installed Capacity in West End (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in West End, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in West End by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in West End
In Queensland, more than 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been installed, according to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER). Queensland is currently on schedule to reach its 2030 target of 50% renewable capacity.
Australia’s electrification will have an impact on its future energy needs. You should switch to solar energy because your property currently needs the greatest number of solar panels. You may get help from Energy Matters locating the best solar installer in West End.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in West End
In Queensland, there are no rebates for solar energy. When installing rooftop solar panels, homeowners are eligible for federal and state solar subsidies and incentives.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The upfront costs associated with building rooftop solar systems are reduced by using STCs. You might get less or more STCs, though, depending on the size and placement of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in West End
When installing rooftop solar panels in Burpengary, Queensland, keep the following in mind:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before having rooftop solar panels installed in West End.
- Roof angle: Your home’s roof angle should match the latitude in the area.
- Energy consumption: To determine the amount of solar panels you need for your home, look at your previous energy bills and make an estimate of how much energy you regularly use each month.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from nearby trees may result in a reduction in the efficiency of your West End rooftop solar panels. Consult your West End solar installer for advice on how to install your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in West End will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in West End, QLD?
In West End, Queensland, you can use a solar battery to store the electricity your rooftop solar panels generate. Other benefits include:
- Energy independence: By installing a solar battery, West End residents may be able to rely less on the power grid. Furthermore, solar energy may be able to supply all of your home’s energy requirements.
- Protection against blackouts: The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can employ to safeguard your West End property.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in West End back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in West End, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in West End
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in West End.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in West End:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on West End solar panels
For a mid-range home in West End, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.