On This Page
Wilberforce is a small town in New South Wales, Australia, in the local government area of the City of Hawkesbury. It is just beyond the outer suburbs of north-west Sydney and lies on the western bank of the Hawkesbury River. The town is home to a number of historical buildings, including the Wilberforce Public School, which was built in 1812.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Wilberforce*
Total Installed Capacity in Wilberforce (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Wilberforce, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Wilberforce, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Wilberforce
More families in the state are moving to solar energy as a result of the NSW government’s attempts to increase the availability and reduce the cost of renewable energy sources.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state’s installed PV capacity will increase to 6,070 MW by 2038.
If you want to start using solar electricity right away, you must locate the best solar installer in Wilberforce. In Wilberforce, there are numerous solar installers to pick from.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Wilberforce will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Wilberforce, NSW
The NSW government provides solar rebates and incentives to make solar energy more affordable and acceptable.
Swap for Solar
Low-Income Household Rebates may be exchanged for a 3kW system with installation costs by low-income homes.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you don’t meet the requirements for a solar exchange, you might be able to swap in energy-saving upgrades for a refund. When you replace your appliances for up to $4,000 in value, you’ll receive a free home energy analysis.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to every Australian homeowner who has a solar system. They might be removed in favour of setting up a solar system since it will be less expensive upfront.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Wilberforce
Wilberforce residents should consider the following variables before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Wilberforce.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for a particular region depends on the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. You’ll require your prior energy bills in this situation.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from nearby trees or other structures may cause the solar panels on your roof to operate less efficiently. The ideal location for your rooftop solar panels will be determined with the assistance of your Wilberforce solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Wilberforce, NSW?
If you have a solar battery, you can store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels in Wilberforce:
- Energy independence: By using a solar battery, Wilberforce residents can lessen their reliance on the grid or get off the grid entirely.
- Protection from blackouts: Solar batteries can help you be ready for power outages when they occur, even though Wilberforce doesn’t experience many of them. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Wilberforce
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Wilberforce solar panels
A mid-range home in Wilberforce can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.