On This Page
Wingham in New South Wales (NSW) is a charming town located on the banks of the Manning River. It is the oldest town on the Barrington Coast that offers plenty of natural attractions, from the beaches to the enormous Moreton Bay figs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Wingham*
Total Installed Capacity in Wingham (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Wingham, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Wingham, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Wingham
There is a growing number of households with rooftop solar panels, which is now at around 21 per cent. This makes it an excellent time to switch to solar energy as well.
Your first step here is to find the right solar installer in Wingham. With many solar installers today, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. After all, you only want a solar installer that will consider your energy needs, budget, and personal preference.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Today, most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, when you have a bigger solar system in Wingham, you are more prepared for the rapid pace of electrification that’s happening all over the country. The electrification in Australia is bound to impact your future energy needs, and if you have a bigger solar system, you can guarantee that your energy needs will be met in the future, especially when you have plans to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Wingham, NSW
The NSW Government continues to make solar energy affordable to homeowners and business owners today through solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Wingham may be able to take advantage of the Swap for Solar by swapping their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Not all homeowners are eligible for a Swap for Solar, and if you’re not, there’s still hope through a rebate swap for energy upgrades.. This will provide you with home energy assessments for free for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have rooftop solar panels in Wingham, you are entitled to receive STCs. You can trade them to get a discount on the upfront installation of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer is the one who will provide you with FiTs. When you export excess energy back into the grid from your solar system in Wingham, you get FiTs.
The right solar system in Wingham
There are a few things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Wingham, NSW:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Wingham.
- Roof angle: The angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Wingham, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. To get this information, look into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim down, whilst your solar installer in Wingham will help find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Wingham, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Wingham, you can store energy generated from your solar system. As a result, you will have power during blackouts, on overcast days or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: You can achieve energy independence with a solar battery in Wingham, which will reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the many solar batteries available today in Wingham, NSW. With this, you can ensure power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Wingham
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Wingham solar panels
A mid-range home in Wingham can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.