On This Page
Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and delicious food and wine in Yass, New South Wales (NSW). Yass has some of the top wineries in the states. The streets are also lined with stunning Victorian and Edwardian buildings that inject an old country charm into the town.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Yass*
Total Installed Capacity in Yass (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Yass, NSW
Compare solar panels in Yass
Yass is ripe for solar energy; many homeowners and business owners are making the switch. If you’re one of them, the first step is to find the right solar installer in Yass. With the right solar installer in Yass, your energy needs, personal preference, and budget will be considered. Keep in mind that most solar installers in Yass have preferred solar panel manufacturers, which is why it’s important to take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Yass. These are the ones who are financially stable and can honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturers list, which is updated every year.
In addition, Energy Matters has partnered with trusted solar panel manufacturers that we are proud to recommend to our customers. These recommended manufacturers are:
Whether you know which panels you want to install on your home or business or you’d rather discuss your options, we recommend that you begin your solar journey by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. Our network of trusted, local installers will provide personalised quotes for a system that will meet your current and future needs.
Yass’s average solar system size is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. However, sizing up where possible is a good idea, considering the electrification today. With this, it will soon impact your future energy needs.
Buying a bigger solar system in Yass as early as now will save you more money in the long run. Moreover, this will be helpful when you buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Yass, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Yass may take advantage of solar energy with Swap for Solar. If eligible, homeowners can swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
For households not eligible for Swap for Solar, they may get a rebate swap instead. This will give them a free home energy assessment for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses in the country. These are tradable certificates that you or your solar installer in Yass can exchange for a discount on the cost of your solar system.
The amount of STCs varies depending on the size of your solar system in Yass. Many homeowners choose to receive a point-of-sale discount off the overall cost of their solar system, which often results in thousands of dollars saved.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers give FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy back into the grid. Therefore, it is the energy retailer who will set the rate for the FiT.
The right solar system in Yass
There are factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Yass. They are:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best condition before you have rooftop solar panels in Yass installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Yass home, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you a clear idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may compromise the efficiency of your solar panels in Yass. Trimming them down is one of the best things you can do; the other thing is your solar installer will help you find the perfect spot for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you get the best deal and selecting a solar installer you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Yass, NSW?
A solar battery in Yass will enable you to store energy from the solar panels you can use throughout the night, during blackouts or on overcast days. Here are the benefits of a solar battery in Yass:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Yass.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Yass, but they can be inconvenient. You can protect yourself from this with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery will help you save more money by receiving credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Yass
The NSW Government continues to make EVs more affordable by reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold. As of now, they are offering $3,000 rebates for the first 25,000 new battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles with a dutiable value of less than $68,750. This is a great incentive paired with stamp duty abolition, and you can save up to $5,540 and help boost EV sales in NSW to more than 50 per cent by 2031.
Additionally, there are more EV models to be launched. Here are some benefits you can get when you switch to an EV in Forster, NSW:
- Lower costs: Saving money and the environment is even more possible when you switch to an EV. This is because an EV is more cost-effective to operate and simpler to maintain.
- Meet the country’s emissions target: Australia has a goal to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you will play an important role in achieving this goal.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the largest exporter of lithium? Solar batteries are mainly made of lithium, which allows for more opportunities for you and the market.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Yass solar panels
You can get a shorter return on investment in Yass in two to three years. However, this will still depend on your consumption. In addition, system downtime will result in extended payback periods and costs for repairs or replacements covered under warranty.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.