On This Page
Right in the heart of the Hilltops Region lies Young in New South Wales (NSW). It is the cherry capital of Australia, with an abundance of cherries every year, and there are many orchards to explore here. Vineyards and olive groves, with a rich gold rush history and outdoor adventures, also surround the town.
For those considering sustainable energy solutions in this picturesque locale, exploring solar options could be a thoughtful step. Seeking solar quotes from Energy Matters can shed light on the possibilities without compromising the town’s serene ambiance.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Young*
Total Installed Capacity in Young (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Young, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Young, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Young
Despite the cool climate here, many households and businesses are switching to solar energy. If you’re one of them, the first step is to find the right solar installer in Young, NSW.
Working with the right solar installer in Young is crucial as they will ensure you get the right solar system for your home based on your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. One thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Young have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, take the time to shop around.
Energy Matters recommends you go for Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their higher-quality solar panels. They are also the financially-stable ones who will likely honour their warranties.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6kW solar system with a 5kW inverter. Although this is a good size, we still recommend getting a bigger solar system initially due to the rapid pace of electrification in the country that will impact your future energy needs.
By buying a bigger solar system in Young as early as now, you can save more money in the long run. Plus, this will accommodate your needs should you buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle in the future.
Solar rebates and incentives in Young, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Young may be eligible for the Swap for Solar, which will help reduce energy bills. Homeowners can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those who are not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, homeowners can get a free home energy assessment for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to all Australians with renewable energy systems. However, the value of an STC varies depending on the supply and demand in the market. With this, every solar system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the system’s overall value.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, energy retailers will provide you with FiTs. In that sense, your energy retailer will set the FiT rate. Thus, you must take the time to choose the right energy retailer.
The right solar system in Young
There are factors as well that you should consider ensuring you get the right solar system in Young. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof’s condition should be excellent before you have rooftop solar panels in Young installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Young home, you need to look into your previous energy bills. With this, you can get a clearer idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that will impact the efficiency of your solar panels. Trimming them down is one thing you can do, whilst your solar installer in Young will find the perfect spot for your solar system in Young.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Young, NSW?
A solar battery in Young will enable you to store energy generated by your solar panels. You can use this during blackouts, throughout the night or on overcast days.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Young. In turn, you can make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery.
- Blackout protection: Although blackouts are rare in Young, there’s nothing wrong with being prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get in Young today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Young
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Young solar panels
A mid-range home in Young can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.