On This Page
Zillmere in Queensland (QLD) is a family-friendly, quiet suburb with a lot of professional and young families. The suburb also has quite a number of heritage-listed sites that are worth visiting.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Zillmere*
Total Installed Capacity in Zillmere (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Zillmere, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Zillmere, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Zillmere
Many households in Zillmere, QLD, are switching to solar energy as electrification in Queensland and across Australia continues to grow at a supercharged pace. Eventually, this will significantly impact your future energy needs, and now is the best time to be ready.
Therefore, now is the perfect time to switch to solar in Zillmere. Solar power is continuously becoming more affordable and better as new technologies emerge. In addition to this, Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050.
You can be part of the change by installing rooftop solar panels in Zillmere and begin your solar journey. The first step is to find the right solar installer in Zillmere. Many solar installers in Zillmere are available, but it’s essential that you take the time to find one that will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are manufacturers who can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Keep in mind that most solar installers in Zillmere, QLD have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, you should really take the time to shop around.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland are equipped with solar systems of 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another thing we recommend is that you get a bigger solar system in Zillmere, QLD. You can save more money when you have a bigger solar system in Zillmere as early as now. This is also beneficial when you plan to get an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Zillmere, QLD
Currently, there are no solar rebates in QLD, but you can get incentives when installing rooftop solar panels in Zillmere. You can also stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives here.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can redeem STCs for cash, which can reduce the overall cost of your solar system. The amount of STCs will vary depending on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels in Zillmere.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers provide FiTs. You get FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid. The FiT rates will depend on your energy retailer. So, it’s vital you also choose the right energy retailer to get the best FiT rates.
The right solar system in Zillmere
You need to consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Zillmere.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Zillmere.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the right angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Zillmere, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Zillmere because they may cause shade. Trimming them down is something you can do, whilst your solar installer in Zillmere will help you find the right location for your solar system on your property.
In addition, your solar installer in Zillmere will design a solar system that will enable you to maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Zillmere?
A solar battery in Zillmere will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Here are some of its benefits:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Zillmere, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Zillmere, you never have to worry about a blackout again. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, will ensure you have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Zillmere back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Zillmere, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Zillmere
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Zillmere. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Zillmere:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Zillmere solar panels
For a mid-range home in Zillmere, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.