On This Page
Alexandra in Victoria (VIC) is a charming town nestled in the heart of Victoria, Australia. Surrounded by picturesque landscapes and the Goulburn River, Alexandra boasts a unique blend of natural beauty and rural tranquillity.
This tight-knit community is known for its friendly atmosphere, historic architecture, and a range of outdoor activities, making it an ideal destination for those seeking a peaceful retreat or an adventure in the stunning Victorian countryside.
Explore the local shops, dine in quaint cafes, and soak in the serene ambience that defines Alexandra, offering a delightful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Amidst the serene charm of Alexandra, imagine enhancing your connection with nature by harnessing solar energy. Energy Matters provides a seamless way to embrace sustainability in this idyllic town. Get FREE solar quotes from Energy Matters and discover how you can seamlessly integrate clean energy solutions into the fabric of Alexandra’s picturesque landscapes.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Alexandra*
Total Installed Capacity in Alexandra (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Alexandra, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Alexandra, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Alexandra
In Alexandra, solar electricity has become more affordable. The Victorian government is continuously striving to make renewable energy more appealing and accessible.
According to research conducted by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), the state will have more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems installed by the beginning of 2023.
This highlights the benefits of switching to solar energy right away. Your first concern has to be finding Alexandra’s best solar installer.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Rosedale. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Alexandra now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Alexandra, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program aims to install rooftop solar panels in one million homes over ten years. Those homeowners who qualify for this incentive can reduce expenses dramatically by:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who install rooftop solar systems can receive STCs, a form of rebate, to assist in defraying the initial installation costs. The number of STCs is influenced by the system’s expected lifetime output.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Alexandra
In Alexandra, there are a few crucial factors to take into account when installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: Your Alexandra roof should be in great condition before you install rooftop solar panels.
- Roof angle: The angle at which your solar panels are oriented should match or coincide with the latitude angle at which your home is located.
- Energy consumption: To estimate the number of solar panels you’ll need in Alexandra, look over your most recent energy bills. You can figure out how much energy you use each month by using this method.
- Shade from nearby trees: Trees significantly increase the amount of shade that falls on your property, which may hurt the efficiency of your solar panels. You may get help from your Alexandra solar installer to determine the ideal location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar battery in Alexandra, VIC?
Using a solar battery in Alexandra to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels has the following benefits:
- Energy independence: By installing a solar battery in Alexandra, you may be able to disconnect your home from the grid entirely or use it less frequently.
- Protection from blackouts: Alexandra has built many batteries, most notably the Tesla Powerwall, to help inhabitants safeguard their houses against blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Rosedale, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Alexandra
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Alexandra. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Alexandra solar panels
For a mid-range home in Alexandra, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.