On This Page
Ararat in Victoria (VIC), is a charming town surrounded by picturesque landscapes, this laid-back community offers a perfect blend of small-town warmth and natural beauty. Known for its rich history, Ararat boasts iconic landmarks like the Gum San Chinese Heritage Centre, where you can step back in time and explore the town’s diverse cultural roots.
With its friendly locals and a relaxed atmosphere, Ararat invites you to stroll through its historic streets lined with heritage buildings or unwind in one of the local cafes. The town is also a gateway to the stunning Grampians National Park, offering outdoor enthusiasts a playground of hiking trails, scenic lookouts, and wildlife encounters.
If you’re considering harnessing the power of the sun to complement Ararat’s natural beauty, exploring solar options might be a thoughtful choice. Energy Matters provides a hassle-free way to receive solar quotes tailored to your needs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Ararat*
Total Installed Capacity in Ararat (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Ararat, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Ararat, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Ararat
Solar power has become increasingly accessible in Ararat. The Victorian government is always working to increase the attractiveness and accessibility of renewable energy.
By the start of 2023, the state will have installed more than 650,000 small-scale photovoltaic systems, according to research done by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER).
This demonstrates the advantages of immediately converting to solar energy. Locating the top solar installer in Ararat ought to be your top priority.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Rosedale. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Ararat now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Ararat, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Over ten years, the Victoria Solar Homes Program seeks to install rooftop solar panels in one million houses. Homeowners who are eligible for this incentive can significantly save costs by:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs, a type of rebate, are available to Australians who install rooftop solar systems to help with the initial installation expenses. The anticipated lifetime output of the system affects the quantity of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Ararat
Several important considerations need to be made when installing rooftop solar panels in Ararat:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels, your Ararat roof should be in excellent shape.
- Roof angle: The angle that your solar panels are angled towards should be the same as or parallel to the angle of latitude that your house is situated at.
- Energy consumption: Examine your most recent energy bills in Ararat to get an idea of how many solar panels you’ll need. With this approach, you may calculate your monthly energy use.
- Shade from surrounding trees: Trees greatly increase the amount of shade that lands on your property, which might reduce the solar panels’ effectiveness. Your Ararat solar installer can assist you in choosing the best spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar battery in Ararat, VIC?
The following advantages come from storing the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels in an Ararat solar battery:
- Energy independence: You might be able to completely cut off or use your house less frequently from the grid by installing a solar battery in Ararat.
- Protection from blackouts: To assist residents in fortifying their homes against blackouts, Ararat has constructed a number of batteries, most famously the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Ararat, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Ararat
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Alexandra. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Ararat solar panels
For a mid-range home in Ararat, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.