On This Page
Batchelor in Northern Territory (NT) is a beautiful and prosperous town and serves as the gateway to a major tourist attraction, the Litchfield National Park. The town experiences tropical climate, which makes it a great spot for solar energy. In fact, many homeowners and business owners have switched to solar through rooftop solar panels.
Embrace the abundant sunshine in Batchelor, where the tropical climate sets the stage for optimal solar energy utilization.
Transitioning to rooftop solar panels is a prevalent choice among homeowners and businesses in this thriving town.
For those curious about harnessing the power of the sun, consider exploring solar quotes from Energy Matters, a reliable provider that understands the unique energy needs of Batchelor and its residents. Making the switch to solar seamlessly aligns with the town’s commitment to sustainability and green living, enhancing both the local environment and energy landscape.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Batchelor*
Total Installed Capacity in the Batchelor kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Batchelor, NT
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Batchelor, NT by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Batchelor
Finding the right solar installer in Batchelor is the first step towards switching to renewable energy for your home. A good solar installer will consider your personal preference, budget, and energy needs. The thing is, most solar installers in Northern Territory have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, you must take the time to compare solar installers in Batchelor first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the financially stable ones that will likely honour their warranties. Moreover, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is released every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in NT, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. Homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend sizing up where possible. With electrification and rising energy costs, getting a bigger solar system as early as now to accommodate your future energy needs is only practical. This will even be more beneficial if you plan to get a solar battery and an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Batchelor, NT
Australia’s Federal, State, and Territory governments provide solar rebates and incentives to encourage more homeowners and business owners to switch to solar.
Home & Business Battery Scheme (HBBS)
The HBBS is offered by the NT Government, in which a $6,000 grant is given to households and businesses when they purchase and install solar panels with eligible batteries and inverters. This also applies to residents who already have solar for batteries and inverters. One thing to note is that the battery storage unit must be at least 7kWh in size.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be exchanged for cash, which is then deducted from the overall solar system cost in Batchelor. When you install solar panels, you get STCs. The number of STCs you get will be based on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers are the ones who provide FiTs; Batchelor residents can get FiTs when they send excess energy back into the grid. With that, it’s important to compare energy retailers first because you want to get the highest FiTs as possible.
The right solar system in Batchelor
To get the most out of your solar system in Batchelor, NT, there are a few things to consider:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in excellent condition before you have rooftop solar panels in Batchelor installed. We recommend hiring a professional roof inspector for this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Batchelor home, we recommend you look into previous electricity bills. Doing so will give you an idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard can impact the efficiency of your solar panels. Hence, we suggest trimming them down. In addition, your solar installer in Batchelor will help you find the best location and position for your solar panel. They will also design a system for you that will maximise your roof space whilst considering your current and future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Batchelor?
A solar battery in Batchelor will enable you to store excess energy generated by your solar panels. That way, you get enough power to use throughout the night or on overcast days. Below are the benefits of a solar battery in Batchelor:
- Energy independence: It’s time to reduce your grid dependency and avoid rising energy costs. You can do these when you have a solar battery at home. In fact, this can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Batchelor, that’s why it’s best to be prepared. Like the Tesla Powerwall, a solar battery will ensure you have power during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you gain credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Batchelor back into the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Batchelor
Northern Territory’s EV strategy and implementation plan were released last year. The plan will incentivise the purchase of new and used EVs through free registration and reduced stamp duty for five years as of July 2022.
The new plan will also see an expansion of EVs within government and agency fleets and an expansion of charging infrastructure, among others. By 2030, the NT Government fleet will have 200 EVs at a rate of 20 additional vehicles yearly.
Additionally, residents in smaller centres will benefit from a grants program.
Switching to an EV in Batchelor is an excellent idea, and you get more benefits like the ones listed below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Batchelor solar panels
For a mid-range home in Batchelor, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you get to save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.