On This Page
Benalla, a charming town in Victoria, Australia, is a delightful blend of art, history, and natural beauty. With a backdrop of the picturesque Strathbogie Ranges, this town has something for everyone.
The surrounding landscape offers plenty of outdoor adventures, from the serene Lake Benalla where you can enjoy a leisurely walk or a picnic to the nearby Winton Wetlands, perfect for birdwatching and nature exploration.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Benalla*
Total Installed Capacity in Benalla (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Benalla, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Benalla, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Benalla
In Benalla, solar energy is now more affordable. The Victorian government is still trying to make renewable energy more appealing and available. According to research by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), the state will have installed more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems by the start of 2023.
This demonstrates the benefits of switching over to solar energy right away. You should make finding the best solar installer in Benalla your top priority.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Benalla. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Benalla now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Benalla, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program aims to install rooftop solar panels on one million homes over a ten-year period. Homeowners who are qualified to get this subsidy can significantly reduce their costs:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians with rooftop solar systems can apply for STCs, a kind of rebate, to assist in defraying the cost of the original installation. The number of STCs is influenced by the system’s expected lifetime output.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Benalla
While installing rooftop solar panels in Benalla, there are a few crucial factors to take into account:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition prior to the installation of rooftop solar panels in Benalla.
- Roof angle: The slope of your solar panels should match or be equal to the latitude angle at which your home is located.
- Energy usage: To determine how many solar panels you’ll need in Benalla, look at your most current energy bills. You may determine your monthly energy use using this method.
- Surrounding shade: Trees significantly increase the amount of surrounding shade that falls on your property, which could have an adverse influence on the efficiency of your solar panels. With the help of your solar installer in Benalla, you will be able to find the best location for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Benalla, VIC?
Using a solar battery in Benalla to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels has the following benefits:
- Energy independence: Installing a solar battery in Benalla might either fully cut your property off from the grid or lessen your need for it.
- Protection against power outages: Benalla has installed a number of batteries, most notably the Tesla Powerwall, to help people safeguard their houses from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Benalla, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Benalla
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Benalla. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Benalla solar panels
For a mid-range home in Benalla, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.