On This Page
One of Victoria’s most attractive rural cities, Benalla is known as “Rose City” for its public gardens. There are rich farmlands and many attractions. It’s a town that will ease your stress, and residents here also experience excellent education and health services.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Benalla*
Total Installed Capacity in Benalla (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Benalla, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Benalla, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Benalla
When planning to install rooftop solar panels in Benalla, the first step is finding the right installer. With the right solar installer, you can ensure a solar system that works for you. A good solar installer in Benalla will consider your budget, energy needs, and personal preference.
Remember that most solar installers in Benalla have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you have a brand in mind, you should take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. Even better, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacture list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Victoria, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. However, homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Sizing up where possible is an excellent idea. In fact, getting a bigger solar system in Benalla initially is ideal with the rapid pace of electrification in the country. With a bigger solar system, you can save more money in the long run. At the same time, it can accommodate your future energy needs, especially if you have plans to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Benalla, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are acquired from the initial purchase price of your solar system in Benalla. So, when you install rooftop solar panels in Benalla, you are entitled to receive a number of STCs that you can exchange for cash. However, the amount of STCs you get will still depend on the expected solar system energy output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Households in Benalla that are eligible may get a rebate of up to $1,400 off the solar panel system cost. Whilst homeowners with solar batteries can also get a rebate of up to $2,950, and those with solar hot water systems can get up to $1,000.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided when homeowners send their excess energy back to the grid for every kWh of power exported. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
The peak times are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays to earn the highest FiT.
The right solar system in Benalla
There are factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Benalla. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Benalla.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: Know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Benalla by checking your previous energy bills to know your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may reduce the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Benalla. Trimming them down would help, whilst your solar installer in Benalla will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Benalla, VIC?
A solar battery in Benalla will allow you to store generated energy by your solar panels. In turn, you can use this energy on overcast days, throughout the nigher or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Benalla.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Benalla, but they can be a huge hassle when they do. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can power your home when there’s a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Benalla, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Benalla
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Benalla. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Benalla solar panels
For a mid-range home in Benalla, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.