On This Page
Berkeley Vale is a suburb in New South Wales (NSW) is a friendly suburb with so much nature and space. The residents here enjoy a coastal lifestyle.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Berkeley Vale*
Total Installed Capacity in Berkeley Vale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Berkeley Vale, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Berkeley Vale, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Berkeley Vale
There is a strong demand for solar energy in NSW and the Australian Energy Market Operator (estimates) that the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties by 2038.
Large-scale solar projects are happening left and right in the state, and the NSW government continues to make solar accessible, affordable, and widely available to homeowners and business owners today.
With this, now is the perfect time to switch to solar. The first thing you need to do is to find the right solar installer in Berkeley Vale. There are many solar installers in Berkeley Vale today, and you want an installer that will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They can honour their warranties and are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system initially is also something worth considering. Electrification is going at a supercharged pace in the country, impacting your future energy needs. Many people feel the changes with the emergence of electric vehicles and solar batteries.
A bigger solar system will save you more money and ensure you’re prepared for the future.
Solar rebates and incentives in Berkeley Vale, NSW
As mentioned, the NSW government is continuously working to ensure that solar power is accessible and affordable. Below are the solar rebates they provide and the Australia-wide solar incentives available.
Swap for Solar
Designed for low-income households, Swap for Solar allows eligible homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate and get a 3 kW solar system in return, including installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. It provides free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Australia, you can get STCs that you can trade for a discount on the upfront costs of your solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will provide your FiTs when you export excess energy from your solar system into the grid.
The right solar system in Berkeley Vale
There are a few important things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Berkeley Vale.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Berkeley Vale.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Berkeley Vale, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down is a good idea, whilst your solar installer in Berkeley Vale will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Berkeley Vale, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Berkeley Vale, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels that you can use throughout the night, during blackouts or overcast days.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Berkeley Vale. It can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: You can have power even during a blackout with a solar battery at home, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Berkeley Vale
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Berkeley Vale solar panels
A mid-range home in Berkeley Vale can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.