On This Page
Bossley Park is a suburb in New South Wales (NSW) that is well known for the Assyrian and Iraqi ethnic groups. As a family-oriented community, the area has many local parks and centres.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bossley Park*
Total Installed Capacity in Bossley Park (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bossley Park, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV Bossley Park, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bossley Park
The NSW government is not stopping until it reaches its net zero goal as it makes renewable energy sources affordable, accessible, and widely available in the state. This is why the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) estimates the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties in NSW by 2038.
That makes now the right time to start your solar journey. And to do that, you need to find a solar installer in Bossley Park. Luckily, the search isn’t difficult because of the many solar installers in Bossley Park. The tricky part is finding a solar installer that suits your needs, personal preferences, and budget.
That’s why we want to make things easier for you here at Energy Matters. We recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. Due to their high bankability, you can guarantee they can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated yearly to know who these manufacturers are.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW are equipped with a solar system with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system initially. A bigger solar system can bring you significant cost savings in the long run. As electrification speeds up across the country, your energy needs are bound to change soon enough. Whilst solar is affordable and accessible, getting a bigger system is best.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bossley Park, NSW
Swap for Solar
Swap for Solar is for low-income households. Eligible homeowners may swap their Low-Income Household Rebate and get a 3 kW solar system in exchange, including installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, a rebate swap for energy upgrades is available. This provides free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Anyone who has a solar system in Australia is entitled to receive STCs. STCs can be traded in exchange for a discount on the upfront costs of the solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you export excess energy into the grid from your solar system, you will receive FiTs from your energy retailer. The FiT rates vary depending on the energy retailer.
The right solar system in Bossley Park
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Bossley Park, there are a few things to consider:
- Roof condition: The roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Bossley Park. Having a professional roof inspector assess the roof’s condition will be beneficial.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof is tilted at the same angle as the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Unsure about the number of solar panels you need? Look into your previous energy bills to get your average monthly energy consumption. This will give you an idea of the number of solar PV panels you need for your home in Bossley Park.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees around your home may compromise the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Bossley Park will help you find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Bossley Park, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Bossley Park, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With it, you can have power all day and all night. Other benefits include the following:
- Energy independence: The grid has long been unstable, and with a solar battery, you can reduce your dependency. A solar battery in Bossley Park can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Bossley Park, but there is always the possibility of it happening. Protect yourself from it with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bossley Park
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bossley Park solar panels
A mid-range home in Bossley Park can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.