On This Page
Filled with country charm, Bowral is one of the most beautiful areas in the Southern Highlands. There’s gorgeous scenery, beautiful mountains, and excellent food and shopping destinations. Known as the ‘Book Town’, it has a rich history with literature and is famous for its association with P.L. Travers – the author of Mary Poppins.
The area receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. Around 11 per cent of homes in the area have solar panels installed on their roofs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bowral*
Total Installed Capacity in Bowral (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bowral, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bowral, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bowral
Solar installers in Bowral, NSW will consider your budget, personal preference, and energy needs. In case you have a specific brand of solar panels in mind, you should be aware that Bowral solar installers often have a preferred solar panel manufacturer already.
Therefore, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Bowral, NSW. Who are these manufacturers? They are one that is financially stable that will likely honour their warranties.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is released and updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
When it comes to the costs of solar panels in Bowral, they have reduced significantly over the last ten years. To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, consider your roof and the amount your local electricity network will let you install on your property.
Remember that most homes in NSW will have a solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can also install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
In case you will consume more energy due to your imminent plans of an Electric Vehicle (EV) or solar bayttery storage purchase, then it would make more sense to get a bigger solar system initially.
We highly recommend you size up where possible. With the increase in electrification, your future electricity needs will change. Eventually, you will need to add solar panels or upgrade your solar PV system fully in the future, which will cost you more money. By sizing up as early as now, you can avoid the additional costs of installing solar panels in Bowral, NSW.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bowral, NSW
One of the best things you can do today is to switch to solar panels. And switching is even more attractive, thanks to the NSW government which is continually making an effort to make solar in Bowral even more affordable. Here are incentives and rebates you can get in Bowral, NSW, for solar panels:
Swap for solar
Low-income households in Bowral may be eligible for Swap for Solar to reduce energy bills. It lets homeowners swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades in Bowral, NSW. This will let you get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government offers STCs to households and businesses in Bowral, NSW. Either you or your installer can trade these certificates for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Bowral.
However, the amount of STCs you get will depend on the size of your solar system. Some homeowners can receive their STCs through a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system, that will result in thousands of money saved. Your solar installer in Bowral will take care of all this for you.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy providers provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy from their solar system back into the grid. With this, your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Bowral
Other factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Bowral, NSW are:
- Roof condition: Ensure your roof is in the best shape before you install solar panels in Bowral, NSW.
- Roof angle: How your roof is angled is crucial when it comes to the efficiency of your solar panels in Bowral. The roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: When buying a solar system in Bowral, NSW, you need to know the amount of energy you consume every month. Doing so will help you better understand how big the solar system should be for your home.
- Surrounding shade: Many things can add shade to your property, like shrubbery, trees, and structures. They may impact the shade of your solar panels in Bowral. Your solar installer can help you find the right spot to install solar panels in your home.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in Bowral, NSW?
Solar battery storage can help you ensure you have more reliable power at home. Your solar battery storage can keep excess energy you can use on overcast days or at night. Several brands offer solar energy batteries today.
Here are some of the reasons a Bowral solar energy battery is an excellent investment:
- Energy independence: With the increase in energy rates today and the problems with the electrical grid across the country, home solar battery storage in Bowral is beneficial. Solar battery storage can help you be less reliant on the grid, making your home self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Bowral rarely happen, but they can be inconvenient. You can protect your home from blackouts with a solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall. A solar battery can power your home when the rest of your suburb or street doesn’t have power. Additionally, the solar panels will charge your battery throughout the day, so you have energy that you can use throughout the day and even throughout the night. However, this will still depend on your consumption.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bowral
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bowral solar panels
A mid-range home in Bowral can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern because this will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.