Solar Power In Broome, WA, 6725
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Western Australia, including Broome (postcode: 6725) and the Kimberley region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout WA.
Broome not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Broome
Western Australia, 6725
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Broome , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Kimberley region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Western Australia team on 133-SUN.
Broome's solar energy resources
On average, Broome receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.99 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Broome should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 2° to 12° and the optimal angle is 7°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Broome
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Broome and is based on components well suited to Western Australia - Outback area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Broome: 8.5698 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 6.3774 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 10.8594 kWh**
- Average annual output: 3128 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $938 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Broome
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Broome: 17.1396 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 12.7548 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 21.7188 kWh**
- Average annual production: 6257 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1877 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Broome
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Broome: 28.566 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 21.258 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 36.198 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 10428 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $3128 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Broome
Solar installations in Broome, WA, 6725
There are 338 solar PV installations in Broome's postcode, 6725, totaling 3626.50 kW of capacity. The 6725 postcode accounts for 0.022% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Broome area.
The average system size in Broome is 10.73kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Broome's postcode area are generating an average of 21723 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $195505 monthly and $2378639 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 6725 postcode is enough to fully power 1007 Australian homes.
Broome solar carbon offset
System owners in Broome's postcode are collectively avoiding 7929 tonnes (coal fired power) or 3172 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 1138 - 2846 cars off Broome's roads.
Broome, Western Australia regional boundaries
Other related Broome information
Broome's coordinates are -17.955123,122.241457 and its weather station is located at Broome Airport. Broome Airport weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Broome: 5.99 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.49 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.33 kPa
- Humidity: 65.40%
- Air temperature: 26.24 degrees C
- Earth temperature:30.29 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Broome
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Broome households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Broome and the Kimberley region. For more WA solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Western Australia or call our Broome hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Broome
Join Broome's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Broome and the Kimberley region. Call our Western Australia team on 133-SUN for more information.