On This Page
Dandenong South is a bustling suburb situated in the heart of Victoria, Australia. Nestled amidst the vibrant landscape of the Dandenong Ranges and the Greater Melbourne area, Dandenong South offers a unique blend of urban convenience and natural beauty.
This suburb is a hub of activity, known for its industrial precincts, shopping centres, and diverse community. From the vibrant markets where locals gather to the picturesque parks and gardens, Dandenong South has a little something for everyone.
Whether you’re a resident looking to explore your neighbourhood further or a visitor seeking to discover the hidden gems of this part of Victoria, Dandenong South welcomes you with open arms.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Dandenong South*
Total Installed Capacity in Dandenong South (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Dandenong South, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Dandenong South, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Dandenong South
In Dandenong South, the price of solar energy has fallen. The Victorian government is still working to increase the appeal and accessibility of renewable energy. By the beginning of 2023, the state will have installed more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems, according to a study by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER).
This illustrates why switching to solar energy now is a wise move. Therefore, your top goal should be finding the best solar installer in Dandenong South.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Dandenong South. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Dandenong South now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Dandenong South, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Over a ten-year period, the Victoria Solar Homes Program seeks to install rooftop solar panels in one million households. As a result of this subsidy, qualifying homeowners can save a lot:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs, a type of rebate, are available to Australians with rooftop solar systems to help offset the cost of the initial installation. The estimated lifetime productivity of the system affects the number of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Dandenong South
There are a number of important things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Dandenong South:
- Roof condition: Before having rooftop solar panels put in Dandenong South, your roof should be in excellent shape.
- Roof angle: Your solar panels’ slope ought to correspond to or be the same as the latitude angle at which your house is situated.
- Energy usage: Take a look at your most recent energy bills to figure out how many solar panels you’ll need in Dandenong South. Using this technique, you can calculate your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees significantly increase the amount of shade that surrounds your property, which could reduce the effectiveness of your solar panels. Your solar installation in Dandenong South will work with you to choose the ideal location for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Dandenong South, VIC?
The following advantages come from utilizing a solar battery in Dandenong South to store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels:
- Energy independence: By installing a solar battery in Dandenong South, you may either completely detach your home from the grid or reduce your need for it.
- Protection from blackouts: A variety of batteries, most notably the Tesla Powerwall, are used in Dandenong South to provide blackout protection.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Dandenong South, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Dandenong South
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Dandenong South. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Dandenong South solar panels
For a mid-range home in Dandenong South, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.