On This Page
Doveton in Victoria (VIC) is a tiny suburb with a friendly community. It is being redeveloped and it is expected to boom in a few years’ time. A “hidden gem” is how most residents describe Doveton. One of the biggest attractions here is Myuna Farm and Melbourne’s second-largest grey-headed flying fox camp.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Doveton*
Total Installed Capacity in Doveton (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Doveton, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Doveton, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Doveton
As electrification spreads in Australia, households and businesses evolve by taking advantage of solar power. In Doveton, many households are installing rooftop solar panels; if you’re one of them, you need to start by finding the right solar installer.
The right solar installer in Doveton will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. But with many solar installers in Doveton today, we know it can be overwhelming, but we’re here to help you out.
One of the things we strongly recommend here at Energy Matters is to choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. Higher-quality solar panels, along with good warranty coverage, are what you can get when you go with manufacturers under this tier. Warranties are significant for solar panels in Doveton, and you want to ensure that you have a manufacturer that will honour them.
Most solar installers in Doveton have a preferred solar panel manufacturer as well. So, it’s really important to take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria are equipped with rooftop solar panels with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
A bigger solar system in Doveton is also one of the best things you can do, especially if you want to save more money in the long run. By buying a bigger solar system initially, you are prepared for the change in your future energy needs as the country moves toward its net zero goal. This will also be beneficial if you have plans to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Doveton, VIC
To make solar power more appealing to residents in Victoria, the government offers rebates and incentives that reduce the overall costs of solar systems.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Australia, you are entitled to get STCs that you can trade for cash. The amount of STCs you receive will depend on the expected solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program is subject to eligibility; and if you’re eligible, you can get the following rebates:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
With rooftop solar panels in Doveton, you get the option to export excess energy back into the grid. Doing so will let your receive FiTs given by your energy retailer. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
To earn the highest FiTs, be mindful of the peak times. Usually, the peak hours are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Doveton
Installing rooftop solar panels in Doveton isn’t that easy—you don’t just pick one and have a solar installer in Doveton install it. There are also a few other things to consider:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Doveton. A professional roof inspection service may be the best way to ensure your roof is in good condition to handle the added weight of your solar panels in Doveton.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof should be angled as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels in Doveton that you need, you should know your monthly average energy consumption. Look into your previous energy bills to get this information.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that could affect the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Doveton. Trim them down as much as you can whilst your solar installer in Doveton will also help find the perfect spot.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Doveton, VIC?
A solar battery in Doveton will let your store energy generated by your solar panels. This ensures you have power on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: Nobody wants to rely on the unstable grid anymore. With a solar battery in Doveton, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient. Even better, you get to avoid the rising energy costs, too.
- Blackout protection: Although blackouts rarely happen in Doveton, it’s still best that you’re prepared. Many solar batteries are available today, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Doveton, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Doveton
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Doveton. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Doveton solar panels
For a mid-range home in Doveton, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.