On This Page
Eight Mile Plains in Queensland (QLD) is a suburb in a convenient location as it’s near highways and has a lot of amenities that every family needs. It is a multicultural suburb with so much diversity.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Eight Mile Plains*
Total Installed Capacity in Eight Mile Plains (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Eight Mile Plains, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Eight Mile Plains, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Eight Mile Plains
Over 900,000 small-scale solar systems were installed across Queensland at the start of 2023, based on a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER). This puts the state on track to reach its 50 per cent renewable energy capacity goal by 2030.
This also becomes the best time to switch to solar, and the most important thing is to find the right solar system for your home in Eight Mile Plains. It all comes down to your solar installer in Eight Mile Plains. We understand that the growing number of Eight Mile Plains installers may be overwhelming, that’s why we’re here to help.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability that enable them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
As electrification in Australia speeds up, your future energy needs are bound to change. To prepare for this, we encourage homeowners to get a bigger solar system initially whilst it’s affordable and accessible. By getting a bigger solar system in Eight Mile Plains now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Eight Mile Plains, QLD
Currently, Queensland doesn’t have a dedicated rebate yet, but there are nationwide solar rebates and incentives that can be applied.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Get discounts on the upfront costs and installations of your rooftop solar panels in Eight Mile Plains with STCs. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Eight Mile Plains
There are a few essential things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Eight Mile Plains.
- Roof condition: It’s crucial your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Eight Mile Plains.
- Roof angle: The angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Eight Mile Plains, look into your previous energy bills to get your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade can impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar system, which can be caused by trees that surround your property. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Eight Mile Plains can find the right spot for your solar system.
Your solar installer in Eight Mile Plains will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Eight Mile Plains
A solar battery in Eight Mile Plains will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels.
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Eight Mile Plains, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Even though Eight Mile Plains doesn’t experience frequent blackouts, there’s no harm in being prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Eight Mile Plains back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Eight Mile Plains, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Eight Mile Plains
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Eight Mile Plains.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Eight Mile Plains:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Eight Mile Plains solar panels
For a mid-range home in Eight Mile Plains, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.