On This Page
Forestdale in Queensland (QLD) got its name due to the lack of tree clearance compared to the other suburbs nearby. It is where Greenwood Lakes is that is filled with many activities you can do.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Forestdale*
Total Installed Capacity in Forestdale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Forestdale, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Forestdale, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Forestdale, QLD
According to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), the state had over 900,000 small-scale solar systems installed across the state at the start of the year. This puts Queensland on track to reach its 50 per cent renewable energy generating capacity goal by 2030.
Now is the perfect time to switch to solar in Forestdale. The most important thing is to get the right solar system for your home. Due to the increasing demand in solar across Australia, it’s no surprise that there is also a growing number of solar installers. However, it’s essential you take the time to find the right solar installer in Forestdale that is aligned to your specific needs.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are known to deliver higher-quality solar panels. Aside from that, they have high bankability that allows them to honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s also a smart move to get a bigger solar system now. Electrification is going at a supercharged pace in Australia, which will impact your future energy needs. When you have a bigger solar system, you can save more money and you’re more prepared for the changes ahead.
Solar rebates and incentives in Forestdale, QLD
The lack of a state rebate shouldn’t hinder you from getting a rooftop solar system in Forestdale. Nationwide solar rebates and incentives are still available, providing significant cost savings.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs will allow you to get discounts on the upfront costs and installations of your rooftop solar panels in Forestdale. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Forestdale
You should consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Forestdale.
- Roof condition: It’s important that your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Forestdale, QLD.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Forestdale, look into your previous energy bills. This will help you find the average monthly energy consumption for your home.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by surrounding trees may compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar system. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Forestdale will help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Your solar installer in Forestdale will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Forestdale
A solar battery in Forestdale will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. From there, you can enjoy these benefits:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Forestdale, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can choose from today that protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Burleigh Heads back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Forestdale, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Forestdale
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Forestdale.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Forestdale:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Forestdale solar panels
For a mid-range home in Forestdale, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.