On This Page
Gormandale in Victoria (VIC) is a small town between Yarram and Traralgon. It is a popular town to visit for those travelling on the Strzelecki Trail. The town has a small, friendly community surrounded by native and peaceful bush surrounds.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Gormandale*
Total Installed Capacity in Gormandale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Gormandale, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Gormandale, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Gormandale
Ready to make the switch to solar in Victoria? You’re making a great decision. Victoria continues to make solar energy accessible and affordable to many homeowners and businesses. The government provides many opportunities, such as subsidies, to make solar power even more appealing today.
In fact, a recent report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) shows that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
Your first step in your solar journey is to find the right solar installer in Gormandale, VIC.
Fortunately, there are many solar installers in Gormandale you can choose from; and we’re here to help.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are manufacturers with high bankability that can honour their warranties. Also, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move. Electrification is sweeping across the country fast, and you need to keep up as it will impact your future energy needs. With a bigger rooftop solar system in Gormandale, you are prepared and can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Gormandale, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible homeowners can get subsidies for renewable energy sources under the Victoria Solar Homes Program. The goal of the program is to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years.
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems on their properties may get STCs. The STCs can be used for a huge discount on the upfront costs of rooftop solar panels. However, the amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
It is your energy retailer who will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in the state:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
You need to know the peak times to get the highest FiT rates. The peak times are between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Gormandale
You need to consider a few things before installing rooftop solar panels in Gormandale:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Gormandale.
- Roof angle: The angle of the solar panels must follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Gormandale, you can look into your previous energy bills. This will help you know the average monthly energy consumption of your home.
- Surrounding shade: Shade may affect the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim down the trees surrounding your property whilst your solar installer in Gormandale will help find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Gormandale, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Gormandale, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Some other benefits are:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Gormandale, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, is one of the best solar batteries today that can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Gormandale, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Gormandale
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Gormandale. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Gormandale solar panels
For a mid-range home in Gormandale, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.