On This Page
Granville, NSW 2142, Australia, is a vibrant and diverse suburb that’s got a little bit of everything going on. Located in the western suburbs of Sydney, Granville is a bustling community with a unique character all its own.
One of Granville’s standout features is its rich cultural tapestry. You’ll find a blend of cultures from around the world, which means a delightful mix of cuisines, traditions, and celebrations. Foodies, in particular, will be in heaven here, as Granville’s streets are lined with restaurants and eateries serving up everything from Middle Eastern delicacies to Asian street food.
Granville is a lively, dynamic place where traditions meet modernity, and there’s always something happening. It’s a slice of Sydney that’s got its own unique flavour, and it’s waiting to be explored by those looking for a taste of diverse urban life.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Granville*
Total Installed Capacity in Granville (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Granville, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Granville, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Granville
More families in the state are moving to solar energy as a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to increase accessibility and lower the price of renewable energy sources.
According to Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state’s installed PV capacity will increase to 6,070 MW by 2038.
Finding the best solar installer in Granville is the first step in making the switch to solar energy. Granville fortunately, offers a variety of solar installers.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Granville will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Granville, NSW
The government of New South Wales (NSW) provides incentives and subsidies to promote the use of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households may swap Low-Income Household Rebates for a 3kW system to pay for installation charges.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
If you don’t qualify for a Swap for Solar, you might be able to trade in energy-saving upgrades for cash instead. By replacing your appliances, you can receive a free home energy analysis valued at up to $4,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are easily available to Australians who have solar panels installed in their homes. Therefore, Granville homeowners are likewise covered by this. STCs are given out by the Australian Federal Government, but their value is determined by the market’s supply and demand. The total value of these STCs will be subtracted from the value of the complete solar system because each solar system is only allotted a certain amount of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Granville
Granville property owners should consider the following factors before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Granville.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for a particular region depends on the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. You’ll need your prior energy bills in this instance.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from nearby trees or other structures may cause the solar panels on your roof to operate less efficiently. Your rooftop solar panel installer in Granville will advise you on the best location for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Granville, NSW?
If you have a solar battery, you may store the energy generated by your Granville rooftop solar panels. The following are some benefits of owning a solar battery:
- Energy independence: By installing a solar battery, Granville residents can eliminate or greatly reduce their reliance on the grid.
- Protection from blackouts: Even if Granville doesn’t experience many power outages, solar batteries can still help you be ready for them when they do. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Granville
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Granville solar panels
A mid-range home in Granville can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.