On This Page
Known for its world-class wineries and heritage, Griffith in New South Wales (NSW) is definitely one of the best regional cities in Australia as it is known as a little Italy in the centre of the Riverina. It has world-class wineries, excellent local produce, and more.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Griffith*
Total Installed Capacity in Griffith (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Griffith, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Griffith, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Griffith
If you plan to switch to solar energy in Griffith, then you need to find the right solar installer first. A good solar installer in Griffith will consider your personal preference, budget, and energy needs. However, they usually have their preferred solar panel manufacturer; hence, it’s best you take the time to look around and compare solar installers first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your rooftop solar panels in Griffith. These are the financially stable manufacturers that can honour their warranties. Aside from that, they are non to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend sizing up where possible considering today’s electrification that will impact your future energy needs. By sizing up as early as now, you can save more money in the long run. This also allows for more room for electric vehicles or a solar battery, suppose you plan to get any of them in the future.
Solar rebates and incentives in Griffith, NSW
Switching to solar energy is even more attractive in Griffith. Thanks to the NSW government that continues to make solar energy even more affordable through the following rebates and incentives:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Griffith may be eligible for Swap for Solar to reduce energy bills. This allows homeowners swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades in Griffith. This will enable you to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to Australian households and businesses with solar systems installed. You or your solar installer in Griffith can trade them for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system.
The amount of STCs varies depending on the size of your solar system in Griffith. Some homeowners can get their STCs through a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system. In turn, this gives them thousands of money saved.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy providers provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy from their solar system back into the grid. Therefore, it is your energy retailer who will set the rate of your FiT.
The right solar system in Griffith
There are factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Griffith, NSW:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Griffith.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Get to know the average monthly consumption by looking into your previous energy bills. This way, you can get a clearer idea on the number of solar panels in Griffith you need.
- Surrounding shade: Shade are usually caused by trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard. The best course of action here is to trim them down. On the other hand, your solar installer in Griffith will also help you find the perfect location for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery in Griffith, NSW?
A solar battery will allow you to store energy from your solar panels in Griffith. That way, you will have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night. Check out the other benefits of a solar battery in Griffith below:
- Energy independence: Reduce grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Griffith, NSW.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Griffith, but you don’t want to be caught in the dark when it does. A solar battery, like the Powerwall, can power your home during blackouts.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Griffith
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Griffith solar panels
A mid-range home in Griffith can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern because this will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.