On This Page
Gundagai, a charming town in New South Wales (NSW) is a place that takes you on a journey through time and offers a glimpse of rural Australian heritage.
Known for its historic bridges and architecture, including the iconic Prince Alfred Bridge, the town exudes a rich sense of history. Strolling down the main street feels like stepping back in time, with classic country charm at every corner.
Nestled along the Murrumbidgee River and surrounded by rolling hills and farmlands, Gundagai’s natural beauty is equally captivating. The region offers opportunities for outdoor activities, from bushwalking to fishing, making it an attractive destination for nature enthusiasts.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Gundagai*
Total Installed Capacity in Gundagai (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Gundagai, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Gundagai, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Gundagai
The state government’s measures to broaden access to and lower the price of renewable energy sources have led to a rise in the number of NSW residences converting to solar power.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state will have more than 6,070 MW of installed PV capacity by 2038.
Choosing the best solar installer in Gundagai is the first step in making the switch to solar energy. Therefore, your top priority should be selecting the best solar installer in Gundagai.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundagai will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Gundagai, NSW
The NSW government offers subsidies and incentives to encourage the usage of solar power.
Swap for Solar
Families with low incomes may be qualified for subsidies that would pay for the installation of 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
You might be able to sell your energy-saving upgrades for cash if you don’t meet the requirements for a Swap for Solar. You can be eligible for a free home energy evaluation worth up to $4,000 if you replace your appliances.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians with solar panels installed in their homes may easily obtain STCs. STCs are issued by the Australian Federal Government, but the market sets their price. Since each solar system is only permitted a specific number of STCs, the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the value of the entire solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Gundagai
Property owners in Gundagai should consider the following aspects before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Gundagai.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for that region is determined by the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your house, you must know how much electricity you typically consume each month. Reviewing your prior energy bills is advised in this situation.
- Shade from the surroundings: The efficiency of the solar panels on your roof may be harmed by nearby trees or other structures that cast shade. Consult with your rooftop solar installation in Gundagai before deciding on a spot.
Do you need a solar battery for your Gundagai, NSW?
Utilize a solar battery in Gundagai to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. The benefits of owning a solar battery are as follows:
- Energy independence: By installing a solar battery system, homes in Gundagai may entirely or partially unplug from the grid.
- Blackout protection: Solar batteries can nevertheless make you more prepared for these unanticipated circumstances, even though there aren’t many power outages in Gundagai. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most widely used solar batteries.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Gundagai
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Gundagai solar panels
A mid-range home in Gundagai can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.