On This Page
Merrylands is a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is known for its diverse population, its vibrant atmosphere, and its proximity to the Parramatta CBD.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Merrylands*
Total Installed Capacity in Merrylands (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Merrylands, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Merrylands, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Merrylands
More individuals in the state are converting to solar energy as a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to make renewable energy sources more available and cheap.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state’s installed PV capacity will increase to 6,070 MW by 2038.
If you want to begin your solar journey immediately, you should find the best Merrylands solar installer. In Merrylands, there are several solar installers to choose from.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Gundamaian will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Merrylands, NSW
The NSW government provides solar rebates and incentives to make solar energy more affordable and acceptable.
Swap for Solar
Low-Income Household Rebates may be exchanged for a 3kW system with installation costs by low-income homes.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
You might be able to trade in energy improvements in exchange for a refund if you are not eligible for a solar swap. When you replace your appliances for up to $4,000 in value, you’ll receive a free home energy analysis.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to every Australian homeowner who has a solar system. They could be neglected in favour of installing a solar system, which is less expensive at first.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Merrylands
Before putting in rooftop solar panels in Merrylands, following important considerations must be made:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Merrylands.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for a given region depends on the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. You’ll need your past energy bills in this situation.
- Surrounding shade: Due to nearby shade, such as shade from nearby trees, your roof’s solar panels may be less effective. The ideal position for your rooftop solar panels will be chosen with help from your Merrylands solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Merrylands, NSW?
If you have a solar battery, you can store the energy generated by your Merrylands rooftop solar panels:
- Energy independence: Use a solar battery in Merrylands to lessen or fully get off the grid for energy independence.
- Blackout protection: Power outages are uncommon in Merrylands, but having a solar battery can ensure that you are prepared for them when they do happen. Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Merrylands
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Merrylands solar panels
A mid-range home in Merrylands can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.