Solar Power In Karratha, WA, 6714
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Western Australia, including Karratha (postcode: 6714) and the Pilbara region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout WA.
Karratha not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Karratha
Western Australia, 6714
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Karratha , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Pilbara region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Western Australia team on 133-SUN.
Karratha's solar energy resources
On average, Karratha receives solar irradiation levels of around 6.62 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Karratha should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 5° to 15° and the optimal angle is 10°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Karratha
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Karratha and is based on components well suited to Western Australia - Outback area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Karratha: 9.4716 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 6.0642 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 12.1014 kWh**
- Average annual output: 3457 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $1037 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Karratha
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Karratha: 18.9432 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 12.1284 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 24.2028 kWh**
- Average annual production: 6915 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $2074 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Karratha
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Karratha: 31.572 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 20.214 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 40.338 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 11525 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $3457 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Karratha
Solar installations in Karratha, WA, 6714
There are 242 solar PV installations in Karratha's postcode, 6714, totaling 804.11 kW of capacity. The 6714 postcode accounts for 0.016% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Karratha area.
The average system size in Karratha is 3.32kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Karratha's postcode area are generating an average of 5323 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $47909 monthly and $582891 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 6714 postcode is enough to fully power 223 Australian homes.
Karratha solar carbon offset
System owners in Karratha's postcode are collectively avoiding 1943 tonnes (coal fired power) or 777 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 279 - 697 cars off Karratha's roads.
Karratha, Western Australia regional boundaries
Other related Karratha information
Karratha's coordinates are -20.736709,116.846295 and its weather station is located at Karratha. Karratha weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Karratha: 6.62 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.78 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.48 kPa
- Humidity: 48.62%
- Air temperature: 26.76 degrees C
- Earth temperature:29.43 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Karratha
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Karratha households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Karratha and the Pilbara region. For more WA solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Western Australia or call our Karratha hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Karratha
Join Karratha's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Karratha and the Pilbara region. Call our Western Australia team on 133-SUN for more information.