On This Page
Kew, nestled in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, is a charming and leafy neighbourhood that effortlessly combines suburban tranquillity with urban convenience. Known for its elegant homes, tree-lined streets, and proximity to the Yarra River, Kew attracts residents who appreciate a blend of nature and city life.
With its lush parks, including the iconic Studley Park and the expansive Yarra Bend Park, Kew offers a perfect escape for those seeking a breath of fresh air and recreational activities. The area boasts a vibrant shopping and dining scene, with quaint local cafes and boutique shops adding to the neighbourhood’s character.
Whether you’re strolling along the picturesque High Street or exploring the historic architecture, Kew invites you to experience a relaxed yet cosmopolitan lifestyle in the heart of Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
If you’re considering harnessing the abundant sunshine in this picturesque locale, consider exploring solar options for your home. Companies like Energy Matters offer free solar quotes to help you make informed decisions about sustainable energy solutions, seamlessly aligning with Kew’s commitment to embracing a relaxed yet cosmopolitan lifestyle in the heart of Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Kew*
Total Installed Capacity in Kew (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Kew, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Kew, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Kew
In Kew, solar electricity has become more affordable. The Victorian government is continuously attempting to make renewable energy more appealing and accessible.
According to research conducted by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), the state will have installed more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems by the beginning of 2023.
This shows the benefits of transitioning to solar energy right now. Your primary goal should be to get the best solar installer in Kew.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Rosedale. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Rosedale now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Kew, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program aims to install rooftop solar panels in one million homes over a ten-year period. Homeowners who qualify for this incentive can drastically reduce their expenditures by:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs, a sort of rebate, are given to Australians with rooftop solar systems to assist in defraying the initial installation cost. The number of STCs is affected by the system’s expected lifetime output.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Kew
When installing rooftop solar panels in Kew, there are a few crucial factors to consider:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Kew, your roof should be in great condition.
- Roof angle: The slope of your solar panels should match or be the same as the latitude angle at which your house is located.
- Energy consumption: Look over your most recent energy bills to figure out how many solar panels you’ll need in Kew. You may determine your monthly energy use using this method.
- Surrounding shade: Trees significantly increase the amount of surrounding shade that falls on your land, which may hurt the performance of your solar panels. Your Kew solar installer can help you choose the best location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar battery in Kew, VIC?
Using a solar battery in Kew to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels provides the following benefits:
- Energy independence: Installing a solar battery in Kew may either fully disconnect or lessen your reliance on the grid.
- Protection against power outages: Kew has built a variety of batteries, most notably the Tesla Powerwall, to aid homeowners in safeguarding their houses from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Kew, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Kew
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Kew. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Kew solar panels
For a mid-range home in Kew, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.