On This Page
Lorne in Victoria (VIC) is the kind of place that instantly puts you in vacation mode. Tucked away on the stunning Great Ocean Road in Victoria, this coastal town is a laid-back paradise with a dash of Aussie charm.
Lorne has it all – pristine beaches, lush rainforests, and a relaxed beach-town vibe that’s hard to beat. Whether you’re into swimming, surfing, or simply soaking up the sun, Lorne’s beaches are the place to be. And if you’re up for a bit of adventure, you can explore the nearby Otway National Park, where you’ll find waterfalls, hiking trails, and plenty of wildlife.
While enjoying the laid-back atmosphere and Aussie charm, consider harnessing the abundant sunlight that graces this picturesque location.
Energy Matters offers a seamless way to explore solar options that align with the eco-conscious spirit of Lorne. Get your FREE solar quotes today and discover how solar energy can seamlessly integrate into the lifestyle of this idyllic beach town, providing sustainable power to complement its pristine beaches and lush rainforests.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Lorne*
Total Installed Capacity in Lorne (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Lorne, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Lorne, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Lorne
The cost of solar energy has decreased in Lorne. The Victorian government is still trying to make renewable energy more appealing and available. According to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), the state will have installed more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems by the start of 2023.
This demonstrates the benefits of switching to solar energy right away. Therefore, locating the best solar installer in Lorne should be your top priority.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Reservoir. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Croydon now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Lorne, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program aims to install rooftop solar panels on one million homes over a ten-year period. With the help of this subsidy, eligible homeowners can save a lot of money:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who have rooftop solar systems can apply for STCs, a kind of rebate, to assist in defraying the cost of the original installation. The amount of STCs is influenced by the system’s expected lifetime output.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Lorne
When installing rooftop solar panels in Lorne, there are a few crucial factors to take into account:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before having rooftop solar panels installed in Lorne.
- Roof angle: The slope of your solar panels should match or be equal to the latitude angle at which your home is located.
- Energy usage: To determine how many solar panels you’ll need in Lorne, have a look at your most current energy bills. You may determine your monthly energy use using this method.
- Surrounding shade: The amount of shade that surrounds your property increases dramatically when trees are present, which could lower the efficiency of your solar panels. Together, you and your solar installer in Lorne will decide where the best place is for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Lorne, VIC?
Using a solar battery in Lorne to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels has the following benefits:
- Energy independence: You can either entirely disconnect your property from the grid or lessen your need for it by installing a solar battery in Lorne.
- Protection against power outages: Several batteries, most notably the Tesla Powerwall, are installed in Lorne to help homeowners protect their homes from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Lorne, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Lorne
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Lorne. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Lorne solar panels
For a mid-range home in Lorne, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.