On This Page
Lysterfield in Victoria (VIC) is a suburb with a rural setting. It is an area where people raise alpacas and has several equestrian trails and horse-riding schools. Lysterfield Lake is a well-known attraction here, surrounded by a park.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Lysterfield*
Total Installed Capacity in Lysterfield (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Lysterfield, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Lysterfield, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Lysterfield
Now is the right time to switch to solar energy as the Victorian Government makes solar more appealing and affordable. A recent report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) shows that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
The most important thing to remember when transitioning to solar energy is to choose the right solar system in Lysterfield for you. Therefore, take the time to find the right solar installer in Lysterfield that can accommodate your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
With so many solar installers in Lysterfield you can choose from, the process can be overwhelming. Energy Matters recommends choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers.
These are manufacturers with high bankability that enables them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move. Electrification is going at a supercharged pace across the country, and homeowners can keep up with the changes to their future energy needs with a bigger solar system. This will also save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Lysterfield, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible homeowners may take advantage of the Victoria Solar Homes Program. This is a subsidy that aims to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years.
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems on their properties are eligible to receive STCs. They can be used as a huge discount on the upfront costs of rooftop solar panels. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Your energy retailer who will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs available across the state:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
To get the best FiT rates, know the peak times. The peak times are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Lysterfield
There are a few important things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Lysterfield.
- Roof condition: It’s essential your roof is in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Lysterfield.
- Roof angle: The angle of the solar panels should follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Lysterfield, look into your previous energy bills. This will provide you with information on your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Lysterfield. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Lysterfield will help find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Lysterfield, VIC?
A solar battery in Lysterfield, VIC stores energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. From here, you can get the following benefits:
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Lysterfield can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries available today that can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Lysterfield, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Lysterfield
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Lysterfield. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Lysterfield solar panels
For a mid-range home in Lysterfield, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.