On This Page
Majors Creek, a hidden gem in New South Wales (NSW) is a little piece of paradise for those seeking a tranquil and historic escape.
Tucked away in the rolling hills of the Great Dividing Range, this charming town exudes a rich sense of history. Stroll through its streets, and you’ll be transported back in time by the beautifully preserved buildings and old-world charm.
Surrounded by lush countryside and the serene Araluen Valley, Majors Creek is a nature lover’s dream. The nearby Deua National Park offers opportunities for bushwalking, birdwatching, and a chance to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the region.
With a close-knit community and a serene, laid-back vibe, Majors Creek is the perfect destination for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle and unwind in a picturesque setting that feels like a step back in time.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Majors Creek*
Total Installed Capacity in Majors Creek (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Majors Creek, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Majors Creek, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Majors Creek, NSW
More families in the state are moving to solar energy as a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to increase accessibility and lower the price of renewable energy sources.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state’s installed PV capacity will increase to 6,070 MW by 2038.
Selecting the best Majors Creek solar installer is the first step in making the switch to solar energy. It’s great that Majors Creek has access to a variety of solar installers.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Majors Creek will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Majors Creek, NSW
The government of New South Wales (NSW) provides incentives and subsidies to promote the use of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Low-income families may be eligible for subsidies that will cover the cost of installing 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
If you don’t qualify for a Swap for Solar, you might be able to sell your energy-saving upgrades for cash. By replacing your appliances, you may be qualified for a free home energy analysis worth up to $4,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are simple to obtain for Australians with solar panels installed in their homes. Although the Australian Federal Government issues STCs, the market determines their price. The total value of these STCs will be subtracted from the value of the complete solar system because each solar system is only allowed a certain amount of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Majors Creek
Property owners in Majors Creek should consider the following things before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Majors Creek.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for a particular region depends on the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. In this situation, you ought to go over your prior energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from nearby trees or other structures may cause the solar panels on your roof to operate less efficiently. Consult your Majors Creek solar installer before determining where to install your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Majors Creek, NSW?
If you have a solar battery, the energy generated by your Majors Creek rooftop solar panels may be stored. The benefits of owning a solar battery are as follows:
- Energy independence: By building a solar battery, residents of Majors Creek can fully eliminate or greatly reduce their reliance on the grid.
- Protection from blackouts: Although power outages are rare in Majors Creek, solar batteries can nonetheless make you more ready for them when they do occur. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Majors Creek
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Majors Creek solar panels
A mid-range home in Majors Creek can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.