On This Page
Maudsland is a rural-residential locality in the north of the City of Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It is a primarily residential suburb, with a mix of single-family homes, townhouses, and acreage properties. There are also a number of small businesses in the suburb, including cafes, restaurants, and shops.
The suburb is a popular destination for bushwalking and horse riding. The Maudsland State Forest is located in the suburb, and there are a number of bushwalking trails in the area. There are also a number of horse riding trails in the suburb.
Maudsland is a family-friendly suburb with a lot to offer residents. The suburb is home to a number of schools, including Maudsland State School, Maudsland Christian College, and St. Kevin’s Catholic Primary School.
There are also a number of parks and playgrounds in the suburb, including Maudsland Park and Maudsland State Forest.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Maudsland*
Total Installed Capacity in Maudsland (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Maudsland, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Maudsland, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Maudsland
In Queensland, more than 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been built, according to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER). The state of Queensland is on track to meet its 2030 target of 50% renewable capacity.
Australia’s electrification will have an impact on its future energy needs. Since your home now has the largest demand for solar panels, you should switch to solar energy.
Energy Matters can assist you in selecting the best solar installer in Maudsland.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Maudsland, QLD
In Queensland, there are no rebates for solar energy. When installing rooftop solar panels, homeowners are eligible for federal and state solar subsidies and incentives.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs lower the upfront expenses of erecting rooftop solar arrays. You may receive less or more STCs, though, depending on the size and positioning of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Maudsland
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Maudsland, take into account the following:
- Roof condition: Before Maudsland rooftop solar panels are installed, your roof should be in good shape.
- Roof angle: The roof angle of your house should correspond to the local latitude.
- Energy usage: Check your most recent energy bills to see how much energy you typically use each month to decide how many solar panels you need for your home.
- Surrounding shade: When there are nearby trees that provide shade on your Maudsland rooftop solar panels, their performance may suffer. To choose the ideal position for your rooftop solar panels, speak with your Maudsland solar installer.
Your solar installer in Maudsland will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Maudsland, QLD?
You can use a solar battery in Maudsland Queensland to store the electricity your rooftop solar panels produce. Other advantages are:
- Energy independence: Residents in Maudsland might be more independent on account of a solar battery. Furthermore, solar energy may be able to supply all of your home’s energy requirements.
- Blackout defense: The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you may employ to protect your Maudsland property from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Maudsland back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Maudsland, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Maudsland
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Maudsland.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Maudsland:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Maudsland solar panels
For a mid-range home in Maudsland the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.